Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Green Onions, Ham & Cheese. I love scrambled eggs now but I always wonder why doctors OK them on our post-op eating plans so soon. They weren't my friend early on. After eating them it felt like I swallowed rubber balls no matter how I undercooked them or chewed. I learned after few tries though that if I added something like pesto & ricotta or a cheese sauce they slid down with ease and I gained a little more protein too. Moisture is key to keeping things heading in the right direction.

Lunch: Whenever I grill chicken I grill a few extra pieces that way I have a quick protein source for lunch or dinner the next day. It's great to make any of my chicken salads, top a green salad, eat dipped in a yogurt dipping sauce or I used it to top a tortilla pizza...

Shelly's BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza - Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped BBQ Sauce, Havarti & Co-Jack Cheese, leftover Grilled Chicken and a sprinkle of Italian Seasonings.

Dinner: I wanted something with minimal prep and clean-up so I picked up a couple of pieces of fish and tossed them on the grill (packet style) and I made steamed peas to go with.


Shelly's Red, White & Green Fish Packet

1 fillet of Red Snapper (any firmer white fish will do: Cod, Halibut, Tilapia, Orange Roughy)
1/2 Red Pepper, sliced thin
1/4 Red Onion, sliced thin
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Basil Flavored Olive Oil
Aluminum foil

Ingredients listed are for one packet multiply it for how many packets you are making. Place all ingredients in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (if you are using the $1 store stuff double it) Fold the foil over and seal each packet.

BBQ 15 minutes in covered grill. Open packets carefully steam burns are not fun.

Snacks: Oodles of coffee throughout the day and a wedge of my Caramel Apple Protein Ice Cream Cake

I am dragging this morning. I was awakened at 2:12 AM by an earthquake. It shook and rumbled my bed and for a moment I thought... Am I having a dream that I'm in a cheap motel with one of those coin-operated massage beds??? Ooooh, Who am I with in this cheap motel??? This could get interesting. Alas, it was an earthquake. A 5.1 aftershock from the Baja quake the other day. So after I exchanged a few tweets with local pals confirming what we had felt I tried unsuccessfully to go back to bed. This is going to be a looooong day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. A special Happy Birthday to my pal Christina. She's having an 80's themed party. How cool is that?! Wish we lived closer... I'd be doing the Safety Dance with ya!

¸¸♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Thank you for your votes http://www.progressosoup.com/souperyou/ in the contest this weekend. There's 3 more days of voting.