Philly Morning, Philly Night

I heart Philly Cheese Steak. I probably should move to the "City of Brotherly Love." I'll tell you if the triple digits keep up I'm going somewhere. We're going on three plus weeks of over 100° temps. Ughhh.

Hey Mother Nature,
You & Me. Outside. (pounds fists)
Hmmm. On second thought challenging Mother Nature to a fist fight might not be wise.
If I get hit by a bolt of lightning...
Ummm. She won ;)

Soooo it's HOT and I wanted something yummy and easy that didn't heat up my kitchen. Here was last night's dinner and what I did with the leftovers this morning.


Shelly's Quickie Philly Cheesesteak Stir Fry

1 Sweet Maui Onion, sliced
2 Peppers, sliced (I used Green & Yellow)
6 Mushrooms, sliced
a little under a 1/2 lb. (about 7 slices) Roast Beef or London Broil Cold Cut Meat, chopped
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Cheese Sauce
1 Tablespoon Spelt Flour
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Sharp Cheddar, grated
dash of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Saute onions, green peppers & mushrooms stirring occasionally, lid on till golden and tender. Add beef, Worcestershire and seasonings. Heat till warmed through. Serve with a dollop of cheese sauce.

For cheese sauce: Heat flour and butter. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. When milk begins to bubble add cheese, seasonings. Heat and stir till melted and combined.


This AM I've been eating this super cool bento box (made with leftovers) on the patio while I tweet a welcome to all the new cool tweeps in the WLS Twibe. Hi!



Pink Box (top left): Scrambled Egg w/ leftover Quickie Philly Cheesesteak Stir Fry
Orange Box (top right): Shelly's (Fill in the Blank) Flavored Yogurt (Peach Version)
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Zucchini Banana Mini Loaf
Green Box/Little Blue Box (bottom right): Shelly's Semi Homemade Granola

I make my own flavored yogurt. Way more protein, less carbs, and you control the sugar grams. Here's the Peach Cobbler version...

Shelly's (Fill in the Blank) Flavored Yogurt

3 1/2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (1/2 a container. I use 2%, they have 0% too)
1 Tablespoon or so of ANY flavor Sugar Free Torani Syrup (this time I used SF Vanilla - on sale now)
1/4 cup of Frozen Peaches, slightly thawed
dash of Cinnamon

Mix till combined. I sprinkle some cereal or granola on top for a little crunch. You can top with fresh or defrosted frozen fruit. If you want fruity chunky yogurt drop everything plus some frozen or fresh fruit in a mini food processor (a post-op MUST HAVE) and whiz till smooth. This makes a GREAT dip for sliced apples too.

Do you heart Philly Cheesesteak as much as I do? Try these other Eggface adaptations:
Shelly's Philly Cheese Steak Casserole
Shelly's Philly Cheese Steak Bites
Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Tortilla Pizza