Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Product Alert: Trader Joe's Chicken Patties

Spotted these at Trader Joe's the other day and decided to give them a try. Chicken Patties flavored with 4 Cheeses (Mozzarella, Asiago, Parmesan, Romano), little flecks of Spinach and chunks of Artichoke. These are non breaded and fully cooked so I just threw them on the BBQ for a few minutes to heat through and give them a little color. You could cook them on a Foreman Grill, in a pan or even nuke them.

Verdict: They were a super quick tasty meal. I would definitely get them again. I didn't really feel like cooking that night and these took minutes to heat. It was a nice alternative to a beef burger. While they grilled I made a Cucumber, Tomato & Feta Cheese Salad to go with. Less than 10 minutes of preparation and we were sitting down to dinner. Now that's my kind of fast food.

Found in the refrigerated section over by the pre-made salads and sandwiches.
I ate it as is with a salad on the side but they would also be great cut up on top a salad or in a wrap.
Pack of 2 patties for $2.49 (cheaper than some protein bars)
200 calories per patty
22 grams of protein

Here's the nut facts:


Stephanie said...

Oh, how I WISH I had a Trader Joe's here!

Taunia said...

YUM! I see a Trader Joe's trip in my future. Thanks for the tip! :)

Through Thick and Thin said...

must - go - to - trader - joes.
hey are these similar to the frozen chicken patty TJ's have?. I'm thinking they were something like chili lime flavored.

Apryl said...

I'm heading to TJ's tonight! Those sound awesome! :)

Donna said...

Man... wish my Mom never left the OC. I used to stock-up, right before getting on the plane. I might have to just try and make them myself. just 4 cheeses, spinach and artichoke?

BTW... make a stuffed pork tenderloin that was TDF! The stuffing was a bag of baby spinach, chopped up can of artichokes, 1 tsp of dried basil and 1 C. of ricotta cheese... I added some garlic, go figure. Anyway it was great as a stuffing, but fantastic over that Barilla Protein Plus pasta. Family loved it. I just can't eat that much pasta. :(

Oh well, sorry to ramble!

Michelle said...

So yeah house across the street for sale... come buy it and be my neighbor and we can hit TJ's together ;)



Oh yeah you could definitely duplicate them... ground chicken, 4 cheeses, handful of frozen defrosted spinach, diced water packed artichoke hearts, some seasonings... perfect.

Let me know how they come out!



Similar texture to these:

but I like the Spinach Artichoke ones muuuuuch better I think because they are not frozen.

Danyele said...

Those sound WONDERFUL! Thanks for the tip :-)

Anonymous said...

I WANT A TRADER JOE'S!!!! Shaw's & Hannaford don't hold a candle to things they have!!

Jodi said...

Hi all! I found a similar product at Costco by Sunset Grill. They look exactly the same, so maybe if you have a Costco you could find them where you live. Obviously a bigger package 8- 1/3 lb patties, but they freeze wonderfully!

Michael said...

I went to TJ's just to get these based on your recommendation. Now, I this will be added to their French Onion Soup to my list of "must stock-up on" every time I go to TJ's list....

Thanks! and next time I find a sale on ground chicken I might attempt to duplicate these on my own...If I'm successful, I'll share

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the review and the pic of nutrition info!! I am going to look for these on my next trip.

flowermomi said...

These sound so good! I can't get them special ordered so I'm going to make my own!! I love your site.
You're saving me! :*) I'm 2 weeks post op Lapband and am thrilled that I've found your site. It's gotten me through the last two weeks. THANK YOU!


Anonymous said...

Thank You so much, I just ate my chicken patty YUMMY. I am only 6 weeks out so I eat just under 1/2 of a patty and it was soooo good!