Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: Fresh Farmer's Market Berries and a dollop of Ricotta cheese. I sweetened the ricotta with a little Sugar Free Torani Syrup (or a drizzle of honey or agave is nice too if you can do those.) I love Ricotta. Nice amount of protein and you can go sweet or savory with it. It was a big lifesaver for me in those early months post weight loss surgery.


I've had a gnarly headache for a few days. It's all allergy related I think. As I sat on the patio I could see particles flying through the air. I did breakdown and take a Benadryl yesterday it helped a bit but those things are like roofies to me and I was useless the rest of the day so I am trying to just suffer through it.

Some of my Favorite Protein Sources

Lunch: Italy meets Mexico. I made a Pizza Quesadilla: Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla, sliced tomato, pepperoni, mozzarella, sauteed till golden and gooey. I think I might do tomato sauce instead of fresh tomato next time I make this. It was delicious but messy to eat, tomato slices wanted to slip out.


Dinner: Our Cinco de Mayo Feast. The headache still hasn't gone completely so I was glad I had picked up that Chicken Asada from Trader Joe's I blogged about awhile back. It's fully cooked so just needs to be nuked for 3 minutes. While it was heating I sauteed a 1/2 of a yellow onion, added a can of cannelini beans I rinsed and drained, chopped up the Chicken Asada and tossed it all together. It says it serves 2 on the box but chopped up like I do it a family of 4 could make a ton of tacos with it and all be well fed. For $5.99 it's a protein packed cheap meal deal. If you have a TJ's in your neighborhood drop it in your cart next time.



Last night I had BBQ'd some fresh corn till it was slightly golden. When it was cool enough to handle I removed the kernels from the cob and put it in a container in the fridge. For our Cinco de Mayo feast, the corn got reheated for a minute sprinkled with Cotija cheese (Elote style) and a squeeze of lime. I also made a little fresh guacamole to go with. I think the whole meal took 20 minutes since most of it was a reheat job. I ate a dollop of each. It was delicioso!

More Healthy Mexican Food Recipes

Snacks: Lots of coffee (yes, that is my cup), for those that asked I was cleared for coffee at 1 month and haven't had any issues (not all programs allow coffee *sadists LOL* so be sure to always follow your plan)


and I made another one of those Fauxchata Horchata Protein Shakes I posted the other day. This time I made it a little more fancy and added No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream.


Oodles of Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies 
More Days in my pouch.

post signature