Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: This tastes just like Coconut Cream Pie. The added protein makes it super creamy.


Shelly's Coconut Cream Pie Protein Oatmeal

1 packet of Instant Oatmeal, Regular Plain
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Coconut Torani Syrup
2-4 Tablespoons Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 cup Water or Milk
Optional toppings: unsweetened toasted coconut, no sugar added homemade whipped cream, splash of milk.

Empty packet of instant oats into 4 cup (1 quart) measuring cup. It grows when you cook it so the bigger cup is necessary to avoid spill over. Add SF Syrup and Protein Powder (I used Celebrate Vitamins Vanilla Cake Batter ENS). Mix. Add up to 1/2 cup hot milk or hot water, stir while adding. Microwave for 1 minute. Top with milk if desired. I topped mine with toasted unsweetened coconut, no sugar added homemade whipped cream.

Lunch: Sat outside on the patio with my bento box lunch. I ate most of it then worked on the weeds and trimmed trees, my arms and butt are aching today and you will blink and they will be crazy again. I want a small square patio with a few pots of herbs, maybe a lemon and a fig tree and some roses. Preferably with a view of water. Sending that out to the universe. It will require a lottery win so power of positive thinking and all that jazz.


Lunch was tasty...


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Green Box (top right): a hunk of a Power Crunch Protein Wafer Bar (yummy frozen)
Blue Box (bottom left): Melted Turkey and Cheese Cold Cut Roll-up
Orange Box (bottom right): Chive and Onion Crunchamame

Shelly's Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad

1 Hothouse English Cucumber, sliced
4-6 Tomatoes, chopped
2-3 Tablespoons Olive Tapenade (jarred, or bulk olive bar section, or make your own)
2-3 Tablespoons Feta Cheese, crumbled (I like the tomato basil kind)
1 teaspoon Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix. I don't add dressing though you could. The feta, olives and tomato juice combine to sort of make its own dressing so why add extra calories, right?

More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them
My Bento Box Pinterest Page

Dinner: Leftover Cauliflower Fried Riceless "Rice" this was the beef version, instead of the grilled chicken I usually add, I added cooked ground beef crumbled. It's a dish that has a few steps that's for sure but really worth it, soooo yummy and leftovers are just as tasty reheated the next day.


More Eggface Cauliflower Recipes

Snacks: Lots of coffee and the other half of the Chive and Onion Crunchamame packet from lunch. I love these suckers, totally taste like Sour Cream and Chive Potato Chips but packed with protein.


More Days in my pouch