Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: These were to die for! If you've eaten Mexican churros before these taste exactly like a those. Soooo good and bonus cooking them made the house smell ahhhhmazing.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Healthy Fitness Gastric Bypass Sleeve Sugar Free Low Carb Recipes Cooking Menus Blog

Shelly's Cinnamon Churro Ricotta Pancakes

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (SF Vanilla, Caramel, or Brown Sugar Cinnamon)
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix

Mix all ingredients together. I use whole milk ricotta, if you use part skim, drain first. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, flip, pat flat, cook till done. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warm Sugar Free Maple Syrup or SF Chocolate Sauce but seriously these are awesome with nothing on them. Makes 8 pancakes.

These can be frozen between slices of wax paper or kept in the fridge a day or 2 and reheated (nuke 25 seconds) for breakfast during the week. Surprising good cold too. Leftovers usually get some SF jam, almond or peanut butter smeared on them, wrapped in foil and they become a great breakfast-on-the-go.

More Eggface Pancakes
7 Protein Packed Breakfast On-The-Go Recipes

Lunch: It was 103°F. I took my bento box outside and sat in the shade. That lasted about 10 minutes and I came in. You know in August I complain but accept 100+ degree weather. I'm not feeling it in May. The Santa Ana winds have been really bad too (we lost a huge section of our fence... I've got it propped up till we can come up with some $ to repair it, always something right?) I'm sure you are seeing all the wildfires popping up in Southern California. News reports are saying some of the fires are sadly arson... lemme at them. I'd beat them in the head with my bento box ;) 

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Healthy Fitness Gastric Bypass Sleeve Sugar Free Low Carb Recipes Cooking Menus Blog

Green Box (top right): Mango Chunks
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Homemade Protein Square
Orange Box (bottom right): Sliced Tomato

More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them 
My Bento Box Pinterest Page

Dinner: This is a super tasty, protein packed and cheap dinner (about $1.50 per serving) it's sort of a spin on a Cuban dish called Picadillo. We ate it as is with a dollop of Greek yogurt sometimes I add a sprinkle of shredded cheese. It would be great as a topping for a Build Your Own Salad Bar Night.

Kid Friendly Family Weight Loss Beef Ground Meat Recipes

Shelly's Black Bean Picadillo

1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 (15 oz.) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 Pound Ground Beef (or Turkey)
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/4 cup Green Olives with Pimentos, sliced
dash Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Saute onion and pepper till golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute beef till no pink is seen, drain any fats. Add seasonings, beans, olives, sauce (I use jarred Rao's my favorite, tastes just like my RIP Sicilian Grandmother's sauce) and veggies back to pan. Stir to combine and cook till heated through.

Kid Friendly Family Weight Loss Beef Ground Meat Recipes

WLS on the Cheap

Snacks: Too much coffee, a bottle of water with one of those Lipton to-go Iced Tea Sticks I love these in the summer heat and worth the 20 cals a piece since I am not a plain water fan and it gets me to drink it and I taste tested bites of a few protein bars for a review and a giveaway I am starting this week, watch for it.

More Weight Loss Surgery Menus

post signature