Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Egg Day!

It's June 3rd. It's National Egg Day. Seriously, it is. Google it. Seems only fitting The World According to Eggface celebrate.

Insomnia + National Egg Day = These super cute Faux Fried Eggs

To make Shelly's Faux Fried Egg you will need:

Ricotta Cheese (can also use Greek Yogurt)
Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any clear flavor - I used SF Vanilla)
Peach or Apricot halves

To 1/4 cup ricotta I use a little under a Tablespoon of syrup. Add a teaspoon and taste it till desired sweetness is achieved. Plop a dollop of the sweetened ricotta on a plate and place an apricot (or peach) half on top. Dust with cinnamon. Viola! Fried eggs. Makes a delicious weight loss surgery friendly, protein packed snack, dessert or breakfast. The whippersnappers would love this one too.

Other Eggface Egg-ceptional ways to celebrate:

Eggface "Bites" (Crustless Quiches)
Shelly's Bacon & Egg Salad
Shelly's Pesto Deviled Eggs
Shelly's Muffinless McMuffin
Shelly's Conshohocken Scramble
Shelly's Espresso Protein Souffle
Shelly's Egg Nog Protein Ice Cream
Scrambled Eggs With Pesto and Ricotta
Shelly's Chorizo Crustless Quiche
Shelly's Zucchini Pesto Pie
Shelly's Shrimp Egg Foo Young


LeeLee said...

Too cute! Happy National Egg Day, Michelle! I thik I'll have breakfast for dinner tonight to celebrate (eggs and turkey sausage patties...maybe this for dessert!)

I can't wait to see more photos from your glad you & your mum had a great time!

Enjoy **your** day, "Eggie!"

Paula K said...

I seriously thought that was a real egg :) Looks really yummy. Happy Egg day!

Food for Thought said...

Dear E,
I am still new to your posts and am beginning my process for the bypass. Will you be compiling your recipes into a cookbook??? I would buy it!!!!!

Please consider it - of if it's already available let me know how to get one.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip with your mom - Happy EGG day to you : )

Di said...

How completely adorable! I so thought it was a raw egg yolk in a pile of mashed potatoes. BUT...raw egg? Yuck! And mashed potatoes? Evil! My 10 yr old decided he wants me to make YOUR version!

Bunny said...

haha! love it. I was like... how the heck do you mkae the fried egg white fluffy. then i realized DOH! its not real. Would help to read the post too I guess LOL.


Christine said...

Dude I had NO IDEA that wasn't a real egg from the photo. That's freaking adorable. LOVE IT.

barb said...

I too thought that was a real egg until I read the post. So cute! Didn't know it was egg day either. Learn something new everyday after all :)

Tonya said...

Love your blog, thanks for all the great ideas. You might like to try Rachel Raes Green Eggs and Ham which uses thin sliced proscuitto to line a cupcake pan, add 1 T creamed spinach, and crack in a whole egg. Bake for 15 minutes or so and Voila~ Delish!

Elaine said...

I had my surgery six weeks ago yesterday, doing great. I love your Blog and love, love your recipes. I can't do a lot of them yet, but I will. Keep it up, I love the site......

Elaine Hibshman said...

My surgery was just six weeks ago yesterday, I'm just starting to try new foods, and your blog is just what i need. Thanks for all of the recipes, do you have a cook book, I would love to buy one.

Thin Again

battynurse said...

That's cute. It really looks like an egg too.