Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: I had a bunch of yard work to do so I took a couple of leftover Cinnamon Churro Ricotta Pancakes smeared them with almond butter, wrapped them in foil and mixed up a Chike High Protein Iced Coffee in my blenderbottle shaker. I took it all outside and somewhere in between pulling weeds and lifting old rotten logs into the trash I ate my protein packed breakfast. These pancakes are delicious cold, a perfect on-to-go breakfast. Make them on Sunday and you'll have breakfast for a few days.


More Eggface Pancakes
7 Protein Packed Breakfast On-The-Go Recipes

Lunch: Yesterday for lunch we used a Red Lobster Gift Card we had. I had the Choose Your Own Combo. I ordered Grilled Salmon and Shrimp Scampi with Roasted Veggies. It came with a Garden Salad (asked for no croutons and dressing on the side.) I ate some salad, my salmon and some veggies and was full. I brought home this...


and repurposed it into this...


It was delicious and you would never know it was leftovers. Shrimp and Veggie Quesadilla: Mission Carb Balance, whole wheat, fajita size tortilla, leftover cooked shrimp and veggies, a sprinkle of Gruyere cheese,. Sauteed till golden. I topped it with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of dill. I split this with my Mum so my 1 meal became 3. That still amazes me. Pre-op I would have had the majority of an appetizer (usually the deep fried, breaded option), a basket (usually at 3) of those infamous cheese biscuits, all of my salad and entree, a couple of lemonades, and gone somewhere for dessert and coffee after dinner. A quote comes to mind: "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou. Post weight loss surgery = Trying to do better.

More Repurposed Leftovers
Strategies for Eating Out Post Weight Loss Surgery

Dinner: Almost a reprise of our Cinco de Mayo feast. I love that Chicken Asada from Trader Joes. I topped it with a dollop of guacamole... literally it was the best avocado I've ever eaten. Perfection.



Snacks: Lots of Coffee and bite of one of those thinkThin Bars I reviewed the other day. I have all the open leftover pieces from the taste testing in a baggie, its like a grab bag mystery which I get. I think it was a piece of the Honey Drizzle Peanut one. Have you entered the giveaway? (ends tomorrow 5/23)

I had to stop all foods/drinks by 8 PM because I'm fasting for lab work. Getting a recheck to see how much iron is sticking, hematologist appointment next week. If you are a bariatric patient: Get your labs done! Labs and vitamins post weight loss surgery are not an option.

More Days in my pouch

post signature