Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world.

Breakfast: We're having a mini-heatwave here in Southern California. Yesterday's high was 97 degrees so my meals were either cold or cooked outside with little cleanup. Today is supposed to be a little cooler and by Wednesday we will be down to the 70's again, so don't be surprised if I start making soup suddenly.

I had an appointment to get my oil changed at 7:15 AM (my 1997 vehicle needs to last forever, remember I was a self pay for weight loss surgery & 2 rounds of post-op plastics) so I mixed up a protein shake put it in a to-go cup and tossed some Cinnamon Almond Cookie Bites in my bag. Super tasty combo reminded me of Mexican Horchata and Churros. So good, I didn't even give a second look to the free danishes they give you while you wait for your car.


Shelly's Cinnamon Protein Shake (Fauxchata Horchata)

1 cup Silk Almond Coconut Blend Milk (any milk will do)
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Cinnamon Sugar Free Torani Syrup
dash Cinnamon
a few Ice Cubes

Blend and hit the top with another dash of Cinnamon. If you don't have Brown Sugar Cinnamon, use SF Vanilla or SF Caramel and shake some more cinnamon in.


Oodles of Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies
7 Protein Packed Grab and Go Breakfast Ideas

Lunch: I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco last night, we ate that with steamed green beans and sauteed mushrooms. I saved a breast section to make chicken salad, some leftover beans, a few additions and voila (wait that's French...what's the word for voila in Spanish?) Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Salad.


Shelly's Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Salad

1 cup-ish Cooked, Chopped Chicken (leftover rotisserie or grilled)
1 cup Black Beans
1/4 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
1 Green Onion, diced
3 oz. Greek Yogurt, plain
1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Serve in lettuce cups like a taco or I ate it as is.


More Eggface Chicken Salads

Don't you love the knitted cactus my Mum made me... finally a house plant I can't kill.


Dinner: Old faithful we call it at my house: Fish Foil Packet, always a little different based on what I have on hand. Keeping with my Mexican themed day these were Salsa Fish Foil Packets, each packet had: 1 Tilapia filet (any fish will work), 1 small Zucchini, sliced , 1 green onion, chopped, a dollop of salsa (heat level of your choice), drizzle of olive oil, generous sprinkle of seasoning blend whatever you like (Greek, Italian, Lemon Pepper, whatever you love. I used some Taco Seasoning.) Wrap tightly in foil. Toss packets on the BBQ grill, covered for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish) don't lift the lid, trust me it'll be perfect every time and next to zero cleanup... toss the foil and wash a fork. I like that.


Other Eggface Foil Packet Dinners

Snacks: Too much coffee and a sliced apple with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip while I watched DVR'd Grey's Anatomy.


Shelly's Chocolate and Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip

1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (most any flavor would be yummy)
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Tablespoon Powdered Peanut Butter (I used Chike PB)

Mix till well blended. Dip apples, strawberries, bananas, hunks of 5 minute protein cake, your finger.

It was a very tasty day.

post signature