Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is mostly seafood (protein heaven) at my house. It's an Italian tradition (I'm 1/2 Sicilian) called the Feast of the Seven Fishes, Festa dei Sette Pesci though post weight loss surgery it's scaled down a bit.

Today's lunch is one of my favorites: Red and Green Holiday Shrimp Cocktail. Cooked Shrimp with my Awesome Guacamole (no seriously, it's AWESOME) and Salsafied Cocktail Sauce (just equal parts salsa & cocktail sauce.) Not only are these delicious but they look so festive. They are packed with protein so great for us weight loss surgery peeps but something the non-ops love too.


Shelly's Awesome Guacamole

2 large California Avocados (I use Hass)
juice of half a Lime
2 Tablespoons Fresh Salsa (refrigerated section type)
2 Tablespoons Cotija Cheese, crumbled (do not leave out, it puts the AWESOME in Awesome Guacamole)
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
Sprinkle of Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Scoop the flesh out of the avocados into a bowl. Mash avocado till partially mashed but still some chunks. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.

Here's what Christmas looks like in my world. My Mum's newest creation is the knitted wreath.



This is "Snow Lady" we've had her about 15 years. It's not Christmas until she comes down from her perch in the rafters.


The Tree...


Tomorrow is still up in the air, depending on the weather. We are forecast rain today and Wednesday but I think Christmas Day will be clear. Hopefully, after breakfast we'll be headed to the beach (our tradition) for a picnic with leftovers and other goodies that I'm making today (I'll snap some pics) if not, it'll be a movie marathon at home I guess.

It's been hard to be joyful when there has been such sadness in the world lately but I hope everyone spends tomorrow making memories with family and friends and your day is filled with smiles.