Good Eats

Hope everyone is having an AWESOME holiday weekend full of WOW moments! I'm spending yesterday and today at home for the most part chit chatting with friends and cleaning. My big TV bit the dust. Got 15 years out of it can't really complain but it's causing me to furniture rearrange which of course leads to spotting the dust bunnies you knew where there but tried not to think about and I was already working on organizing my garage so big holiday fun at Eggy's ;) I did have a WOW moment in it all... after a project like this I would have been wiped out when I was 295 pounds. Now -158 pounds lighter someone take me dancing I'm still rarin' to go.

It wasn't all cleaning. I did do some cooking and good eating yesterday. Wanna see?

Made a Tidbit Party for Lunch/Brunch Antipasto Skewers, Crabby Corn Cakes, Hummus (storebought), Soy Crisps, and a Fruit Salad.

Yesterday's BBQ dinner...

A little BBQ'd Fillet Mignon (Medium), BBQ Baked Beans and a dollop of Horseradish Yogurt Dip which keeps everything moving in the right direction. I'm a big time dipper post-op.

Shelly's BBQ Baked Beans

4 slices Bacon, cut in half
1/2 a Maui Sweet Onion, diced fine
1 Granny Smith Apple, diced fine
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 (15 oz.) cans Cannellini Beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
a few twists of Black Pepper
Olive Oil for sauteing

Microwave bacon for 2 minutes till limp but not fully cooked. Set aside. Saute onions till golden. Add apple saute till they start to give a bit. About 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (except bacon) mix to combine. Pour into Pyrex casserole dish. Place bacon slices across top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

I use the real deal BBQ sauce (they do make no/low sugar ones) I figure 1/2 cup spread out over an entire dish (a good 6 portions for non-ops) really just gives the beans the taste. I don't have issues with it but if you do there are some products out there. I use a combo of two BBQ sauces (a brown one and a redder one.)


Shelly's Horseradish Yogurt Dip


3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper

Mix till well combined. Great with steak or grilled veggies.


Happy Labor Day everyone!
Remember: Jumping for JOY is great exercise!