Tropical Pancakes

I made a batch of pancakes this morning. This time I used half ricotta and half cottage cheese and I think it's the perfect combo.

Ricotta pancakes = dense
Cottage cheese pancakes = crepe-like
The combo of the two = just right

I loved the combo of flavors orange, lemon, pineapple and coconut. Very tropical.


Shelly's Tropical Pancakes

1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I used pre-mixed Pineapple Cottage Cheese)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Lemon Pudding Mix, dry
1 Tablespoon (plus 1 Tablespoon for sprinkling) Unsweetened Coconut, toasted

Topping
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Orange Marmalade (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit), nuked

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, sprinkle with additional toasted coconut, flip. Cook till done. Nuke SF Orange Marmalade for 25 seconds so it drizzles well. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warmed marmalade. Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.


I toasted the unsweetened coconut (available at health food stores, organic markets or online) on a cookie sheet in a 350 oven for a few minutes till golden stirring every minute or so. Store extra coconut in a tupperware.