Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's National Zucchini Day!

August 8 is National Zucchini Day. Zucchini is my favorite vegetable and was the first vegetable I ate post weight loss surgery cooked super soft with a dollop of Ricotta and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. Yum.

Here's some of my favorite zucchini dishes:

Shelly's Stuffed Zucchini Gondolas


Shelly's Zucchini Pancakes
Shelly's Zucchini Bites
Shelly's Zucchini Roll-ups (aka Pasta-less Manicotti)


Shelly's Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
Shelly's Stuffed Zucchini (Zucchini Ripieni)
Shelly's Zucchini Weenies


Shelly's Beef & Zucchini Casserole
Shelly's Sweet Zucchini Pancakes
Shelly's Shrimp Alfredo Pasta-less Zucchini Pasta


Shelly's Pesto Chicken & Veggies
Shelly's Squash Artichoke Pesto Bake
Shelly's Mexican Beef & Bean Bake

or just simply grilled (swipe of olive oil, sprinkle of Greek or Italian seasoning, BBQ'd till bendy, flip once)



post signature

9 comments:

Donna said...

Your pasta-less manicotti has always been a long time favorite of mine. :)

Jill Austin said...

Hello :) This is Jill, I love your recipes and enjoy all your blogs! I'm 3 weeks post op Roux-en-Y and had a rough time but made it and I'm starting to feel better. I'm making a recipe box of all your recipes and my family is going to eat this way also. I think you look awesome and admire the heck out of you!!!! wish we were neighbors , but I guess this will do for now:) jill_austin@hotmail.com

Vicki said...

It's good to know my favorite vegetable is being honored today. Thanks for letting us know and continue the great work you are doing for all of us post-ops. You are my go-to gal for when I need a pick me up.

Suze said...

Shelly - I don't have any mini muffin tins, just full-size ones. If I wanted to make a meal-size version of your bites (the zucchini one here sound FABULOUS), do you have any idea how long I should bake them for?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks guys. Hope you enjoy them!

@Suze I'd start watching them at 30... look for dry tops and golden.

Anonymous said...

Hey that zucchini spaghetti thing really works! I took a veggie peeler to mine and it was outstanding. I still like spaghetti squash better, but this is another great option. You are much loved and appreciated, Shell!

Not Your Ordinary Agent said...

Oh my gosh!! I love these great uses for zucchini!!! Please come link up to Foodtastic Friday!

Anonymous said...

I made the zucchini gondolas tonight for dinner. Oh my gosh. My house smelled delicious and they INCREDIBLE! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Bariatric Betty said...

I adore your sautéed julienned zucchini and onions as a past substitute! I top it with Vegetarian crumbles (beef substitute) with spaghetti sauce and melt mozzarella on top!