Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beef & Zucchini Casserole

I made this super easy comfort food casserole packed with yummy Farmer's Market veggies for dinner last night. Then I jammed for 3 hours with my favorite band. My pal Laurie gave me the heads up that the Dave Matthews Band was performing LIVE on Fuse (commercial free) to promote the new CD that comes out today. TY Laurie!!! It was awesome.


Shelly's Beef & Zucchini Casserole

1/2 lb. Ground Beef (or Turkey)
1 Maui Onion, sliced
3-4 Green Onions, diced
4 small Zucchini (I used a combo of yellow & green), sliced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Bruschetta Sauce (jarred or refrigerated fresh pasta section)
1/2 cup Alfredo Sauce (jarred or refrigerated fresh pasta section)
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 cup Romano Cheese, grated
a few twists of Black Pepper
3 slices Provolone Cheese
Olive Oil for sauteing

Brown ground beef. Drain any fats. Remove from pan. Set aside. Saute onions till golden. Remove from pan. Add zucchini and saute till golden and fork tender. Add back onions and beef. Add garlic, sauces, seasonings and Romano cheese. Mix to combine.

Pour into a Pyrex casserole dish. Top with provolone cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 till golden and yummy.


I served the casserole on it's own it's so hearty and full of good stuff but it would also be great with a simple mixed green salad.

Like this Eggface dish? Try these:
Shelly's Grilled Veggie Lasagna
Shelly's Mexican Beef & Bean Bake
Shelly's Caprese Turkey Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Mushroom & Meatball Baked Ricotta Cups
Shelly's Chicken Dijon Casserole (Mushroom Version)
Shelly's Sausage & Pepper Bites

5 comments:

PsychoChris said...

Hey Eggface! This looks SO damn good. I am a little worried about the alfredo sauce stats, but I think I would risk it. I absolutely love squash and zucchini!!

Take care!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you enjoy it... Remmeber 1/2 cup is for the whole recipe and it makes A LOT!

SuziQ said...

How much protein is in a serving...I agree...looks and sounds totally yummy!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

TY SuziQ,

I don't put the nut info on my recipes because... nutrition facts can vary so widely... on my plan I use full fat cheese, full fat mayo, butter, olive oil, others may use low fat cheese or horrors that non fat toxic waste, what percentage % fat of beef, etc. Plus serving size can vary what I eat as an almost 3 year post-op is a very different amount than a 3 month, 6 month, or 4 year post-op. The numbers would swing like a pendulum.

What I do when I need to find the nut info is go to fitday.com type in each individual ingredient, add those totals and divide by the # of servings I get from the dish.

I understand sparkpeople and some other sites will give you nut info too but I've not used them.

Hope this helps,
~Michelle

Rumela said...

Thanks for the beef & zucchini casserole recipe. my husband loves beef. I am going to bake it this weekend. I know it is tricky. ooooooooh! my mouth is watering. Let's see how things turn out. thank you for shearing your post.