Zucchini Pancakes

I made a batch of these for yesterday's lunch. These are really yummy and very similar to potato pancakes but with way less carbs. I had them as a meal but they would make a great side or appetizer (made silver dollar size) too.


Shelly's Zucchini Pancakes

1 Zucchini, grated
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Butter

Combine all ingredients but oil. Heat oil in pan. Drop dollops of zucchini mixture into pan and cook in batches. Flatten with a spatula and cook about three minutes each side till golden. Makes 8.


Serve with Fage Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream or my Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce.

I had a few extra and put them in the fridge. They heated up great today for breakfast. Just a few minutes in the toaster oven. I topped the leftovers with cheese like an open face breadless cheese sandwich. Thinking it would be a nice base for a tuna melt. Mmmm maybe add a little fresh dill in the mix.


Oh and you know one of my favorite bizarre holidays is almost here...

Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day - August 8th.

Seriously. LOL.

So if you are kind you could include this recipe with the delivery.

Highlights of the day:

* Looks like I am going to get to meet loads of cyber pals at the two OH events. Wanna come hang out with Melting Mama and I? Here's the details and a way to get some $$ off your tix.

* I have some fun weekend plans including a picnic. I heart picnics.

* Sipping on a cup o' Joe and listening to tunes. I'm loving this chick's voice...

Listening to: Missy Higgins "Where I Stood"