Another pasta-less pasta dish

OMG!?! I made an awesome pasta-less pasta dish Thursday night. You know all the good topping type things from a yummy pasta dish without the simple carbs. I basically adapted my Pesto Chicken & Veggies recipe for the things I had on hand. Hope you like it.


Shelly's Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke Chicken

1/2 yellow Onion, diced
2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced into strips
1 cup yellow Summer Squash, sliced
1 cup Zucchini, sliced
1 can Artichoke Hearts, 13.75 oz. can (non-marinated type), chopped
2 Tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes, packed in oil, drained, diced.
2 Tablespoons Pesto Sauce (I use the refrigerated Trader Joe's or Buitoni)
1/4 cup Alfredo Sauce (jarred)
Butter
Olive Oil
For marinade: 1/4 cup Italian Dressing

Marinate chicken in Italian Dressing for at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Discard excess marinade. Saute the onion till slightly golden in a touch of butter and olive oil. Remove from pan, set aside. Drain chicken from marinade but do not rinse. Saute marinated chicken till golden. Remove from pan. Add squash, zucchini and steam saute till fork tender. Add chicken and onions back to pan. Add artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, pesto sauce and alfredo. Stir till combined. Heat through. Serve.


I spent the morning as usual at the Farmer's Market but today we lucked out and they were holding a Quilt Show. There were hundreds of quilts hanging from all the buildings down the main drag. We walked the length and back and here are some of my favorites:


Above: I've been wanting to make a tea pot tote bag. I just got my inspiration.



I'm going to mow the lawn now. How fun.

BBQing Shrimp & Scallop Skewers tonight. Whatcha having?