Quiet weekend

My quiet weekend... went to the Farmer's Market, worked for my pal the caterer, made 200 stuffed mushrooms and a variety of other appetizers for a wedding, got a few ideas that need some tweaking to be made weight loss surgery friendly so when I have some $ to spare on ingredients I'll give them a try.

What else did I do? Oh fun stuff like steam cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors, turned a pile of coins into the coinstar machine for credit on my Starbuck's card. I went for a couple of nice walks, for dinner Saturday I made these yummy Mexican Meat Muffins (sounds like a south of the border male stripper group, The Mexican Meat Muffins) I BBQ'd corn to serve with it, cut it off the cob and sprinkled with Cotija Cheese, Elote Style. The weather has been perfect this weekend so I put everything in my super cool bento box and took it to the lake by my house for a cheap change of scenery.

I would have liked to have hit the beach but I'm trying to conserve gas (i.e. save $$$) for my upcoming NYC trip. A lot of the trip is paid for (flight, hotel, the makeover, the shopping spree) but food, taxis, subways, my coffee habit, I want to go to the top of the Empire State Building haven't done that since I was a kid, going to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island will add up so... we're eating meals created from pantry/freezer digs, using up all the veggies and fresh stuff, and making no unnecessary trips.

No more Amazing Race so tonight it's DVD night "Leap Year" Love this movie. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. It's the cutest love story, great scenery. It's a total chick flick though so watch it with girlfriends or daughters (it's clean, PG, 2 or 3 kissing scenes that's all), I'm making another batch of Fluff Stuff (new flavor) for dessert, and downloading some tunes on the Ipod for the plane.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Mexican Meat Muffin
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Black Cherry Fluff Stuff
Blue Box (bottom left): BBQ'd Corn Elote Style
Orange Box (bottom right): (in little blue container) Shelly's Zesty Yogurt Dipping Sauce

Shelly's Mexican Meat Muffins

1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
3/4 pound (approx 1/2 a package) Ground Turkey
1/2 cup Pico de Gallo (fresh in salsa section)
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1/8 cup Milk
1/4 cup Almond Meal
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Olive Oil for sauteing

Saute onions till golden. Set aside to cool. Mix all ingredients together with cooled veggies till combined.

Divide into 6 equal portions and form into a regular non-stick muffin pan that has been sprayed with Pam.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve with a dollop of Zesty Yogurt Dip.

Shelly's Zesty Yogurt Dipping Sauce

3 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (I buy the 2%)
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Powder (the kind in the envelope)
dash Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper.

Mix together and let sit for a few minutes in the fridge. Great dip for beef, fish, chicken, or veggies.

If you like this you'll love these other Eggface recipes:

Shelly's Bacon Cheeseburger Turkey Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Florentine Turkey Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Italian Artichoke Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Caprese Turkey Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Turkey Mushroom Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Greek Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Mexican Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Southwest Shepherd's Pie (without potatoes)
Shelly's Shepherd's Pie (without potatoes)