Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fluff Stuff - Great for Pureed Stage

Since I shared my Thai Chicken Skewers the other day I thought I'd share my other current obsession... this absolutely yummy, fluffy, fruity dessert. I love it. It's a perfect ending after a BBQ. Refreshing, light. I actually slipped this past a bunch of non-ops the other night. They were completely surprised it was a no sugar added, weight loss surgery friendly dessert. I'm definitely making it for Memorial Day.

This would be great for early post-ops, pureed stage. If you aren't able to have fruit yet just leave it out. What I love especially is most of these types of Jello & fruit desserts are made with tubs of cool whip and mini marshmallows. My version is made with protein packed Greek Yogurt, so you can feel good about eating it. Though it's soooo good you'll think you are being bad ;)

80's throwback flashback dessert recipes weight loss surgery bariatric diabetic friendly sugar free protein packedShelly's Fluff Stuff

1 cup Boiling Water
1 box (4-serving size - the small one) Sugar Free Strawberry Jello Mix
3 1/2 oz. (half a small container) Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Strawberry but any fruity flavor would work)
1 1/2 cups Fresh Strawberries, sliced

Pour boiling water slowly over jello mix. Stir till dissolved. Set aside.

Sugar Free WLS RNY Pureed Stage Recipes Food Weight Loss SurgeryMix yogurt & syrup together till well combined. Add to Jello mixture. Beat with an electric mixer till well combined. I use this gadget.

Sugar Free Diabetic Friendly Weight Loss Surgery Pureed StagePlace in fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and beat again for 5 minutes till fluffy. Fold in berries.

1980's Desserts Childhood Jello GelatinPut back in fridge and allow to set fully (about 2 hours)

Gelatin Fruit Sugar Free I served a scoop with a squirt Homemade, No Sugar Added, Whipped Cream. You can use any fruit (fresh, frozen defrosted or canned drained), any Jello flavor, any Torani Syrup flavor.

My other favorite is SF Black Cherry with cherries...

Weight Loss Diabetic Bariatric Surgery Friendly Recipes cooking Sugar freeJello brand Sugar Free Gelatin comes in oodles of flavors so the possibilities and combos are endless... Black Cherry, Cherry, Cranberry, Lemon, Lime, Mixed Fruit, Orange, Peach, Raspberry, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, and Strawberry Kiwi. It also comes in 2 box sizes I use the small one for this but if you have the large just use half the box (so 1 Tablespoon of dry mix.)

I'm looking forward to a fresh summer peaches from the Farmer's Market & SF Peach Jello combo.

18 comments:

battynurse said...

That looks yummy.

Julie Harmon Sterling said...

do you think you could put this in the ice cream maker?? Looks yummy. Love your blog!! thank you!

Lesley said...

Oh, this is why I love you! I have a few post-op friends who make this dessert with cool whip, and I refuse to eat or prepare anything with that franken-food in it! But Greek yogurt? YES! I can't wait to try this. Thank you!

ramblinsuze said...

Ooooh! Definitely trying this one out. I actually have everything I need to make it. Yay!

Lisa said...

this reminds me of 1-2-3 jello back in the 70's...I loved it too Ill have to try it for sure

Kelly said...

Shelly, I just bought an ice cream maker and can't wait to try some of your protein ice cream recipes. I recommended and linked your blog and recipes on my blog. Feel free to check it out- http://kellyandthebandit.blogspot.com

~K said...

This looked so good I made it immediately. My fluff is setting in the fridge, just waiting to fold in the berries. A yummy treat tomorrow :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you guys enjoy it.

@Lisa Yes. It totally reminds me of the Jello 1-2-3 from back in the day ;)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

@Julie, Hmmm not sure. Sorbet-ish. LOL one night when I have insomnia I'll do it ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I love your recipes. I had everything to make it and it's in the fridge.
You are the best.
Deb T.

Stephanie said...

Have you tried adding a scoop of protein powder to the jellow after it has cooled a bit before folding in the greek yogurt? That would boost the protein, though I don't know if it would change the consistency -- what do you think?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hope you enjoy it Deb.

Steph, Definitely could... add it to the yogurt & syrup mix together then add to jello

Stacey in Hondo, Texas said...

Made a variation of this last night and it's AWESOME!!! I don't have the Torani (sp) available in my hometown,so I used some Smuckers Sugar Free Raspberry jam and used a different Greek yogurt as Fage isn't available here either. Did find some sugar free Cool Whip, which I'll try at home later, but for now this is wonderful as a "dessert" to my canned roast beef. I'm 3 weeks post RNY on the 20th and so far am LOVING it!!!!

Thank you SO much for all the encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for all your great "good stuff" for us post ops... i'm only 9 weeks out so i still can't have fresh fruit, so i made orange fluff stuff with sf vanilla syrup from starbucks. IT IS AWESOME!
thanks again for your wonderful blog. i find at least 1 thing to make every day to make my eating choices easier!

Jen Lung (auntjen on OH)

eeej said...

This looks so yummy! Gotta find some fage and am going to make it.

Libbe said...

I made this today with sf cherry jello and sf vanilla torani. I am on my pre-op and not allowed fruit so left that out. Also couldn't find my mixer so just did by hand. It did seperate after maybe 30 mins in the fridge so I stirred it again and it turned out fine - certainly not as smooth and pretty but still a nice yummy treat! Thanks!

Bonbon said...

Hi I was wondering if you can give me the nutritional break down on the Fluff stuff? I am now eight weeks out but have had some serious setbacks with a stricture and ulcer This is something i would definitely like ot make. Thanks so much

Rachel Page said...

This looks really good! I love the pretty pink color too!