Friday, December 12, 2008

Spinach & Feta

This was a super yummy dinner. Protein packed and full of vitamins.

Shelly's Florentine Turkey Mini Meatloaf

1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
3 cloves Garlic, diced
1 - 16 oz. package frozen Chopped Spinach, cooked and drained thoroughly
1 1/4 pounds Ground Turkey, the average weight of 1 package
1/4 cup Italian Style Dry Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Milk
1 Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 cup Tomato Basil Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
Butter/Oil for sauteing

Cook and drain spinach thoroughly. Squeezing out any excess water with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside. Saute onions till golden, Add garlic and drained spinach cook 1 minute. Mix to combine. Set aside to cool.

Soak breadcrumbs in milk for 1 minute. Beat egg. Add egg, cheese and soaked breadcrumbs to ground turkey. Add cooled veggies and seasonings. Mix till combined.

Divide into 8 equal mounds. Form into mini meatloaves or if you have this super groovy pan like me use it. Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 oven. These freeze well either cooked or uncooked.

I served them with sauteed zucchini sprinkled with a dash of Greek Seasoning.

I love these mini meatloaves. Not only are they are the perfect size for us weight loss surgery peeps (great portion control) they are just so flippin' cute.

Other Eggface Mini Meatloaves:

Shelly's Italian Artichoke Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Turkey Mushroom Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Greek Mini Meatloaf
Shelly's Mexican Mini Meatloaf

Highlights of the day:

* I love holiday mail. Got a newsy letter and Christmas card from one of my Aunts in England. Little known fact: my Mum is the oldest of 11. Nope not Catholic either... crazy huh?!

* I called my pal Gail (the caterer) who I've helped out from time to time and asked if she had any extra work and thankfully she has hooked me up on a few gigs. Some people still have some money and are having parties catered. Amazing. I don't have the details of the menus yet... hoping I'm not in skewer hell but beggars can't be choosers. I actually don't mind the skewers really you get into a rhythm after awhile. I only tried to crucify my hand once :)

* After slacking for waaaay too long I am getting back into walking everyday. I need to firm up these sloppy calves of mine. I was doing it everyday for 2 years and then the past few months I let crap get in the way and it slipped to a few times a week. I used to heart my walks. Loading up my Ipod with some new walking tunes as I type this.

Listening to: "I'm So Paid" Akon featuring Lil Wayne

1 comment:

sali said...

i'm about an aeon and a half late, but MAN i can't wait to make this lol