Crazy Corn Casserole

It's been awhile since I made a cheesy gooey casserole. This was a Plan B dinner yesterday when I went outside and it was brrrrrr too cold to BBQ. There was absolutely no warmth in the sun and a cold wind. I'm a wimp. I came inside and threw random ingredients together. The result was a super super yummy casserole. I served it with that Tilapia I reviewed the other day. It was an excellent combination.


Shelly's Crazy Corn Casserole

4 strips of Bacon, cooked, snipped
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Red Pepper, diced
4 Green Onions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 (16 oz.) bag Frozen Corn, defrosted (I used Trader Joe's Roasted Corn)
1 (8 oz) package Spinach Artichoke Dip (I used Trader Joe's Frozen Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, TGIFriday's makes one too)
1/2 cup Fage Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded

Cook bacon, snip into bite sized pieces with kitchen shears and set aside. Saute onions and pepper till golden. Add garlic saute 1 minute more. Add corn and bacon. Nuke artichoke dip till just melted and add to pan. Add yogurt, salt & pepper. Mix to combine.

Pour into a Pyrex casserole dish. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes till golden and bubbly.



Other Eggface Cheesy Gooey Casserole Love:
Shelly's Chicken Dijon Casserole
Shelly's Crab & Shrimp Bake
Shelly's Mexican Beef & Bean Bake
Shelly's Double Dip Chicken Casserole
Shelly's Zucchini Roll-ups (aka Pasta-less Manicotti)