Banana Walnut Oatmeal

Bananas always seem to ripen at the same time. I generally just peel and toss them in a ziplock and into the freezer for protein shakes but this morning it was a perfect chilly oatmeal morning. This is great use for an overripe banana and a yummy start to the day...


Shelly's Banana Walnut Oatmeal

1 cup Oatmeal (McCann's Quick Cook Irish Oatmeal)
2 1/3 cups Water
Pinch of Salt
1 Banana, mashed
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup Milk (I use Vanilla Soy Milk)
1/2 teaspoon Butter

Combine the oatmeal, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mash banana with syrup and add walnuts. Add the mashed banana mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the milk and butter. Stir well and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately with a drizzle of SF maple syrup, sliced banana and little more milk.


Highlights of the Day:

* After 2 days of cooking for others (lots of fun and I learned soooo much) I'm looking forward to experimenting a bit in my own kitchen today and I have a little crafty project I'm working on. If the weather cooperates and warms up a bit I'd also like to spend a little time outside getting dirty... chillin' with the gnomies. Uh oh... scary... sounds like demon Martha might be trying to take me over. Time to break out the holy water.

* My old neighbor Erica emailed me. I miss you guys!!! Can't wait to catch up. You have mail :)

* Who else is Twittering? Add me. Warning: it's addictive.

Listening to: "Dead & Gone" T.I. featuring Justin Timberlake