Chocolate Cake & Deep-Seated Childhood Issues

The buzz over the Internet is a sugar/white flour version of this type of microwave mug cake so you know I just had to mess around and make a weight loss surgery friendly version.

Insomnia at 3 AM, 3 attempts and voila...


Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup 
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix, dry
1 Tablespoon Cocoa
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, pudding mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.



Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices.



Serve with Sugar Free Whipped Cream, Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, Raspberries, Strawberries, Cherries, Sugar Free Caramel Syrup, Sliced Bananas, Melted Peanut Butter, a scoop of Protein Ice Cream or Sugar Free Warm Vanilla Custard.



It's yummy hot but I think it gets even better as it cools, more chocolaty. It totally reminded me of those Easy Bake Oven cake mixes.

Speaking of Easy Bake Ovens....

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine and she said, "You must have worn out your Easy Bake Oven when you were a kid making stuff since you love to cook so much."

I said, "Actually my Mum would never buy me one. She was afraid I'd burn the house down."


I always wanted one too. I asked every birthday and Christmas for many years. Every Christmas morning I'd excitedly scan the boxes under the tree to see if I could spot an Easy Bake Oven sized box but nope Santa Claus never brought one because my Mum feared the 60-watt light bulb would kill us all.

Hmmmm could it be that my lack of childhood gratification is the current catalyst for my cooking obsession???

Who needs therapy?
I have it all figured out.
My time is up. That'll be $95.


Highlights of the day:

* It won't win any awards for being pretty but Hello!?! FREAKING chocolate cake in 5 minutes. Oh yeah, baby. That's a highlight! Sooooo making this for my birthday next year.

* Tonight: that unbelievably cool new show "Life on Mars" watch it.

Listening to: "The World I Know" Collective Soul. Whatever happened to them?