Casseroles & Gangstas

This super yummy casserole christened the awesome vintage Pyrex casserole dish that my beautiful friend Shari surprised me with in Philly. You guys know how I love and collect it... Shari spotted this at a yard sale and thought of me. Love ya and love it!!!


Shelly's Greek Layered Chicken Casserole

Spinach Layer
1 Bag Fresh Baby Spinach (10 oz. or so)
1 egg
2 oz. Feta Cheese

Chicken Layer
8 Chicken Breast Tenders, boneless & skinless, diced into 1" pieces
1 cup Alfredo Sauce, jarred
1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes, canned
1 Teaspoon Oregano
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt

Onion Layer
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Green Onions, diced
4-6 Mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1/4 cup Mozzarella, shredded

oil/butter for sauteing

Saute Spinach. Cool, chop and squeeze till dry. Beat in egg and feta. Spoon onto the bottom of a Pyrex casserole dish.


Saute chicken tenders till golden. Mix in Alfredo sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Spoon on top of Spinach layer.


Saute onions and mushrooms till golden. Add garlic saute 1 minute more. Spoon on top of Chicken Layer. Top with mozzarella.


Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden.





Highlights of the day:

* Brought my coffee outside this morning and this greeted me:


When my sis moved she sent over all her plants to our house. She hadn't watered them for a while and this cactus was half dead. I thought it was a lost cause... Hmmmm. There is a life lesson in that huh?! Never give up, baby.

* Have you seen this website? Get your Gangsta Name. Mine (and it is sooooo flippin perfect) is: Sweet Hoopti Rida

Representing. Word to your Mother.

* Found the perfect shoes for my Halloween costume. They are super cool and still something I can dance and spend all night in. Whatcha gonna be for Halloween? Do you have plans? If you don't... you do now!

Listening to: "Hot N' Cold" Katy Perry