Things were rockin' in Conshohocken

So I get off the plane in Philly the other night and I look over and see the red glowing sign of the Marriot Hotel. I grab a cab. I said, "Yeah I need the Marriot West Philly." Can you guess where this is headed?

We start driving... and driving...

and driving...

$55 later I realize the event is actually in Conshohocken, PA

Conshohocken is a cute little town and we had a blast in it but I didn't really get to see the typical Philly sites. Another trip. I'll be back. So yeah no Genos, no Pats. Instead I'm getting my fix by eating this creation I came up with for breakfast...

Shelly's Conshohocken Scramble

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 Green Pepper, diced
2 Eggs, beaten
2 Slices Roast Beef, sliced
2 Tablespoons Cheese Whiz or 2 Slices of Provolone (or combo)
a few twists of Black Pepper
Oil/butter/spray for sauteing

Saute onions and peppers till golden. Add eggs and scramble. Roll the beef up like a cigar and slice. Toss in beef and top with cheese when eggs are almost done. Cover till cheese melts.

This is a hearty breakfast. It's what I consider a "boy's breakfast." You know my little protein souffles those are a "girl's breakfast." Conshohocken Scramble is boy all the way.

Soooo speaking of boy's. Update on my non-existent love life: I seriously need to get out more. I keep meeting unbelievably cool guys but... the hitch... literally... they are married. All is not lost. I have a few exciting prospects. Keep your fingers crossed Mr. Wonderful is around the corner.


Highlights of the Day:

* Well this was last night but did you guys see "Life on Mars" on ABC? I wasn't going to watch. I watch Grey's Anatomy and Amazing Race. That's all the TV time I can commit to.... oh and my guilty pleasure "The Hills" but those I catch up on in a marathon or whatever. Last night though I was completely sucked in. Sooooo good. If you missed it here's a clip and you can watch the full episode online.

You know we had one TV when I was little so I was forced to watch all those 70's cop shows like Starsky and Hutch, S.W.A.T. and the Mod Squad with my Dad so this may be a little nostalgia on my part.

* I made myself an Eggface t-shirt yesterday with my logo. MM had one at the Philly Event and I thought it would be cute to take a pic of us both in our blog shirts. So Beth: Bring yours to LA

Ahhh did you see the countdown ticker:




* The weather... it dropped like 20 degrees today. Finally out of the high 90's. I might even grab a sweatshirt. YES! I hate the summer. I so should move to somewhere with weather. Southern California only has two seasons: Summer and not quite Summer.

Listening to: Beastie Boy's "Sabotage" in keeping with the 70's cop show theme.