Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sad shoe day

When I went through my closet looking for a pair of shoes for Philly I realized practically ever pair of shoes I own is way too big now. Crazy huh?! You even lose weight on your feet.

I have gone from a size 9 shoe to an 8.

You know as a pre-op shoes and purses were my thing. I was still a "normal" size in those so when I went shopping with a group of girlfriends and they were trying on cute little outfits I couldn't dream of getting one leg in I could still shop for shoes and purses in any store we went into. As a result I ended up with A LOT of shoes and purses.

These 19 old friends went to the Goodwill today:

It was a sad shoe day at the Eggface household. Sooooo of course (as therapy) I had to hit Macy's and buy myself a new pair but this time I also got myself a cute little outfit too ;)

Highlights of the day:

* Farmer's Market this morning. It was closed last Saturday because of the Car Show and I missed the Saturday before while in Philly. Today's haul... corn (gonna BBQ it and make that yummy Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salad), yams, apples (I'm thinking Apple Crumb maybe), killer heirloom tomatoes, micro greens, cucumbers, strawberries, onions, garlic and my Mum's bread.

* Made another 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Cake this morning this time with SF English Toffee Torani Syrup. I'm thinking next one I use SF Coconut Syrup and get an Almond Joy thing going on. Mmmmmm.

* So you remember last year when I won the very weight loss surgery unfriendly Canadian Canola Oil Cooking Contest? Wanna see the promo pic of my winning recipe that goes in cookbooks and things?

Listening to: Wyclef Jean "Sweetest Girl"


Sara said...

I was wondering the other day why my shoes were so loose and it finally dawned on me that my feet have gotten smaller! Duh! I never really thought of losing weight in my feet but I definitely have. I agree that it is sad because I have some cute shoes. But I will take the lost weight over cute shoes any day!

shari said...

That blew me away when I realized that my feet were a width narrower and 1/2 size shorter than before. Luckily I don't have many shoes, so not much to get rid of...

That mw choc cake thingie... Do you consider that to be one serving or two?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Sara: I agree but I will miss those Steve Maddens ;)

Shari: I got three servings easy from one cake and they were pretty hearty slices. I think you could do 4 for sure maybe 5 if you do those girlie "I'll just have a sliver" slices.

somechileanwoman said...

Same thing is happening to me. But I also had some shoes I had received as gifts (people know I love shoes!) that used to be too small and now they fit. It's a bitter sweet kind of thing really...hate having to get rid of the cute shoes but at the same time I am happy that I've lost the weight.

Debbie Y. said...

I tried to wear a pair of my old shoes the other day and they were so big as I was walking I accidentally sent one sliding all the way across the room, very embarrassing when you can't keep your shoes on. Luckily my mom's shoe size was one and 1/2 sizes smaller and I can now wear them.

Joy said...

Michelle, I so feel the pain of giving away shoes.;-(( But a trip to Macy's for new ones will help the hurt.LOL