Sad shoe day

When I went through my closet looking for a pair of shoes for Philly I realized practically ever pair of shoes I own is way too big now. Crazy huh?! You even lose weight on your feet.

I have gone from a size 9 shoe to an 8.

You know as a pre-op shoes and purses were my thing. I was still a "normal" size in those so when I went shopping with a group of girlfriends and they were trying on cute little outfits I couldn't dream of getting one leg in I could still shop for shoes and purses in any store we went into. As a result I ended up with A LOT of shoes and purses.

These 19 old friends went to the Goodwill today:


It was a sad shoe day at the Eggface household. Sooooo of course (as therapy) I had to hit Macy's and buy myself a new pair but this time I also got myself a cute little outfit too ;)


Highlights of the day:

* Farmer's Market this morning. It was closed last Saturday because of the Car Show and I missed the Saturday before while in Philly. Today's haul... corn (gonna BBQ it and make that yummy Grilled Corn & Black Bean Salad), yams, apples (I'm thinking Apple Crumb maybe), killer heirloom tomatoes, micro greens, cucumbers, strawberries, onions, garlic and my Mum's bread.

* Made another 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Cake this morning this time with SF English Toffee Torani Syrup. I'm thinking next one I use SF Coconut Syrup and get an Almond Joy thing going on. Mmmmmm.

* So you remember last year when I won the very weight loss surgery unfriendly Canadian Canola Oil Cooking Contest? Wanna see the promo pic of my winning recipe that goes in cookbooks and things?



Listening to: Wyclef Jean "Sweetest Girl"