Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Mum's Birthday - Black Cherry Protein Ice Cream Recipe

So today is my awesome Mum's Birthday. We did our usual Saturday stuff but I was sure to pick up some cherries at the Farmer's Market. Mum has been loving being my chief Protein Ice Cream taste tester but till today I had not attempted to recreate her favorite flavor. So by request here's my Mum's favorite...

Healthy Sugar Free Diabetic Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric RNY WLS Gastric Bypass VSG Desserts
Shelly's Black Cherry Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup
1/2 cup fresh Cherries, pitted and chopped

Mix together milk, protein & syrup. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free but if you don't have one just blend it on super high. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the chopped cherries.

Weight Loss Surgery Food Blog Menus
You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour. Optional: when you add the cherries you can toss in a few SF chocolate pieces and you have a weight loss surgery friendly version of B&J's top selling flavor: Cherry Garcia.

WLS RNY VSG Diabetes Healthy Desserts

Highlights of the Day:

* Spending the day with my Mum. My Mum Rocks! She wanted fish and chips (she's a Brit you know) so I'm taking her down to the Irish Pub for dinner. I bought her flowers at the FM. She never wants "things" so I just sort of treat her to stuff whenever I see her oooh over something.

* I bought some great stuff at the Farmer's Market... super sweet pluots, cherries, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, some great cucumbers lately I am digging cucumbers dipped in Fage Pesto Dip, zucchini, onions, garlic, and a few other things I can't recall right now.

* Mum and I are going to give ourselves home pedicures later this evening. It's been hotter than you-know-where today and I just know soaking my hot temptress tootsies in cool water will be a highlight ;)

Listening to: "Am I Wrong" Love Spit Love


Nicol said...

Tell your Mum happy birthday. I hope you guys had a fabulous day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!  What specific protein powder do you use?  Thanks!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks Nicol, We had a nice day despite it being naaaasty hot. Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!



I use Max Protein. Here's the info on it:


DCY said...

What is a pluot? Is it a cross between a plum and a kumquat (or however, the heck you spell it)? I have never heard of such a thing.

Happy Birthday to your Mum. How lovely to be able to share the day with her and for you to give each other pedicures. I wish I still had my Momma around. I loved her dearly as it is obvious you love yours.

Thanks for the recipe even though I am not partial to cherries, I always love your recipes. I check out your blog everyday (even though I may not comment) to view your latest creations.

Talk at ya later.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Debbie,

A Pluot is a hybrid fruit. A cross between a plum (mostly and especially in looks) and an apricot. They are super sweet and juicy. Soooo good.

Thank you for the Mum birthday wishes. We had a lovely day despite it being hot hot hot. I know every day I have with my Mum (my best friend) is a lucky and blessed day. Remember yours is a guardian angel watching over you now.

Thank you so much for reading the blog. I never feel alone knowing my cyber pals are out there!


Pat said...

I love your ice cream recipies. Thanks so much for turning me on to the Donvier ice cream maker. I bought a little one on eBay and now use it every day. I use sugar free yogurt and add whatever else I can think of. It makes great frozen yogurt. Thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay...I went out and bought an ice cream maker. I can't wait to start mixing and making...HOWEVER, My all time fav flavor is B&J NEW YORK SUPER FUDGE CHUNK k? Go to work protein ice cream wiz! I bet you love a good challenge, right?