Sunday, June 15, 2008

Patio Party

My Sunday: I made this dip for my Mum and I. We sat on the patio and gave ourselves pedicures.

Shelly's Tomato Feta Yogurt Dip

3 1/2 oz. (1/2 a small container) Fage Greek Yogurt
1 oz. Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Feta Cheese (I used Tomato Basil Seasoned Feta)
3 Tablespoons Bruschetta Sauce (find it in the fresh pasta section I use Trader Joe's brand but Buitoni/Contadina make one)

Blend in a mini food processor till smooth. If you use plain feta toss in some basil & oregano.

Serve with weight loss surgery friendly dippers: soy crisps, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, celery, asparagus spears, etc. This is also great for dipping sliced chicken or steak in.

Other Eggface Yogurt Dips:

Shelly's Pesto Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Shelly's Spicy Yogurt Dipping Sauce

Highlights of the day:

* Mmmm dessert will be one of those killer Chocolate Covered Cherry Crumb thingees I made yesterday.

* Free HBO weekend just watched "Scent of a Woman" Woo Ha!

* Listening to music right now.

Listening to: Coldplay "Viva la Vida" I heart Chris Martin's voice. Gwyneth Paltrow is very lucky.


Donna said...

Just made your pasta-less manicotti. Yummm!

Just had to let you know.

Lindsey said...

I am obsessed with that song right now! Dip sounds delish, can't wait to try it!

Barb Del Piano said...

Ok....ENOUGH OF THE DAMN FETA!! LOL! This looks like a nice summer munchie fest!! Definately gonna give this a go, NO FETA!! NO FISH TACO'S!! BTW Tried the bean salad over this weekend, AWESOME DISH EGGFACE!! Healthy, and FANTASTIC!


Jen Miller said...

Those tomatoes look so freaking yummy... I don't know if I can even buy tomatoes right now with the whole FDA salamanilla (if I could spell it, that'd be cool) thing.

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Yay so glad you enjoyed Donna


Lindsey I had it on repeat tonight. LOL.


Barb, Savinga fish taco just for you.


Jen, On the FDA website: Types of tomatoes not linked to any illnesses are cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and tomatoes with the vine still attached.

The beautiful yellow grapes I had on Sunday were from an organic seller at the Farmer's Market. They were awesome. So sweet. I just had the first from my garden yesterday too but they rest are still green. I think this little clump just got some extra sun.

Hope that helps,


Apryl Bostwick said...

I made your dip last night, but I didn't have any Fage, so I just used plain dannon fat free yogurt. It was alright, but nowhere near as pink as yours is in the picture. I'm going to buy some more Fage this weekend and try it again. Thank you for all the recipes! You make it fun to cook post WLS! I cannot wait to try your Banana Caramel Cream Cheese Bars! Yum!

Robin said...

Hey Shelly! I finally made this feta dip, and it ROCKS!!!! I had trouble finding the fresh bruschetta and I almost gave up, then when I was buying relish in the store the other day, I saw a jar of bruschetta in that section, and did a little happy dance! lol Anyway, I made a double batch because I know my kids are gonna scarf it right up. But not before I get mine... ;) I love this so much. yummy, creamy, feta-y goodness! I'm already thinkin' I'll be dipping more than just veggies in it.

Thanks so much! You rock!!

LilyG said...

Paltrow is very anti-fat, however. I haven't forgiven her for her snarky remarks about her fat suit in "Shallow Hal".