Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bacon Cheeseburger Bites

Something for when you are craving a drive-thru run for a Bacon Double Cheeseburger (that would be Doo-bell Chez-bear-gare if you're in France.) They seriously taste like the real deal.


Shelly's Bacon Cheeseburger Bites

1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, diced
5 Eggs
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Bruschetta Sauce, drained (I used Trader Joe's but Contadina or Buitoni make one too)
a few twists of Black Pepper
1/2 cup Crumbled Browned Ground Beef
4 slices Cooked Bacon, crumbled

Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside. Brown ground beef, drain any fats. Set aside. Saute onions till golden. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Set aside to cool. Mix all ingredients together. Be sure meat & onions have cooled slightly before adding eggs. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes 24.

These are a perfect weight loss surgery friendly appetizer or on-the-go breakfast. I served them for dinner with a version of my Italian Bean Salad (I added some leftover grilled zucchini) but they would be especially burger joint-ish served with a Green Salad with Thousand Island Dressing.

It's also a very kid friendly meal. These beat the Unhappy Meal hands down.

They heat up very well. I keep them in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the toaster oven or regular oven. They freeze well just defrost in the fridge then heat up. They won't be around that long though trust me.





Other Eggface "Bites" (yeah I'm a little obsessive LOL):

Shelly's Beef Fiesta Bites
Shelly's Italian Crab Bites
Shelly's Breakfast Bites
Shelly's Pizza Bites
Shelly's Bacon & Swiss Bites
Shelly's Stuffed Pizza Bites
Shelly's Spamtastic Bites with Tropical Dipping Sauce


Shelly's Spinach & Feta Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Artichoke Florentine Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Zucchini Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Mushroom Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Bruschetta Bites (vegetarian)
Shelly's Southwest Bites (vegetarian)

12 comments:

mm said...

I'm totally heating up my house right now making these. :D

Sue (London) said...

What eould brushetta sauce translate to in England? Perhaps your mum could help translate! Something tomato I guess but what?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hi Sue,

Yep tomatoes... mix up a batch of your own.

Tomatoes, chopped (fresh ripe or tinned chopped if not in season)
Onion, chopped
Fresh Basil, chopped
Oregano
Drizzle of good Olive Oil

Stores in fridge for several days.

Rebekah said...

Do you happen to have the protein count for any of your bites? :)

Michelle "Shelly" said...

I don't put the nut info on my recipes because nutrition facts can vary so widely... on my plan I use full fat cheese, full fat mayo, butter, olive oil, others may use low fat cheese or horrors that non fat toxic waste, what percentage % fat of beef, different brands of protein, etc. Plus serving size can vary what I eat as a 4+ year post-op is a very different amount than a 3 month, 6 month, or 2 year post-op. The numbers would swing like a pendulum.

What I do when I need to find the nut info (to mine or any other recipe) is go to fitday.com type in each individual ingredient, take the calorie, protein, carb, fat totals given and divide by the # of servings I get from the dish. Sparkpeople & Nutrition data and some other sites will give you nut info too. The recipes on the site all work on my weight loss surgery post-op eating plan. Be sure to check with your medical posse.

SleepyGirl said...

Just made these with ground turkey and turkey bacon (I don't eat pork) and they are fantastic! I bet they're ever better with lean ground beef (alas I had none). I can't wait to try more of your bite recipes.

Robert, TN said...

How many "bites" are in one serving?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Robert, That will depend on your post WLS program and what stage you are... I leave the portions up to you and your medical posse... I eat 3 or 4 alone, 2 with something like a scoop of veggies or salad but you know that will depend how far you are out.

skinnyin13 said...

Oh my gosh...your "bites" recipes look sooo delicious. In fact, I went out and bought a mini muffin tin in anticipation of making some! I am only 1 week out (gastric sleeve) so you can imagine how real food looks right now haha. I get eggs starting next week..Not sure which recipe will be most friendly for the beginning..any thoughts? And thank you for your blog!!!
Monica

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Monica, Hope you are healing well! It really depends on your programs and tolerance what will work best for you. Maybe print a few recipes out and bring them with you to your enxt Dr appt. for the thumbs up.

OPENMIND said...

Well there are many reasons I got on YouTube....maybe not the resons I wanted but I found YOU "EGGFACE' I am only a month old 10.16.12 and started out at 324 and last weigh in (3 weeks ago I was down to 280. I had Thanksgiving dinner (Littlestyle) and my happy little Mario dude that lives in my small stomach now was very happy and pleased with me! Oh the things we do to get by eh? I tried your eggface cake and OMG I ama happy camper! I wll be trying you other recipes too! Thank you so much for the high protein food ideas and I LOVE the humor. Again thanks for the blessings Dorian from New Mexico USA

Anonymous said...

OMG...these are our fav...dipped in homemade ranch. YUM.