Yummy find: Comfort Bars

Went to my local organic market with my pal Becky the other day and picked up one of these bars. They come in three flavors: Italian Chocolate Orange Almond, Italian Chocolate Vanilla Almond, White Chocolate Cherry Chip. Italian what? Right there you knew I had to try them. I tried it that night. The next morning I went back got all the flavors and ordered a box.

Wow! Seriously yummy. I'm loving them.

The WC Cherry Chip tastes like ice cream and the Italian Chocolate Orange and Vanilla Almond remind me of the Italian almond nougat candy I ate as a kid (Torrone). Sooooo good. Besides being tasty they are really filling and keep you satisfied for a long time.

Here's the scoop...

Comfort Bar's have 15g of lactose free protein
180 calories (low fat, low sodium)
No artificial sweeteners/No sugar alcohols
Sweetened with organic agave (lower Glycemic Index than honey or sugar)
No gluten, no wheat
No trans fats
No palm kernel oil, no glycerin
5g of inulin fiber which creates more healthy flora (aids in digestion)
6% of your daily iron
Kosher

The creator is a very cool Italian chick named Gina who has been in the health food industry for over 20 years and she believes in quality. You can tell because these rock. They aren't made with cheap ingredients (imported fair trade chocolate, real fruit, quality protein) so the price per bar reflects that at around $2.50 but you get what you pay for. This doesn't taste like a 99 cent bar. You know what I'm saying.

Check out the comfort bar site to find retailers in your area.