Ricotta works too!

These totally reminded me of something my Sicilian grandmother made...


Shelly's Ricotta Cheese Lemon Pancakes with Orange Marmalade

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Lemon Pudding Mix, dry
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Orange Marmalade (I use Smucker's Simply Fruit), nuked

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, flip. Cook till done. Nuke SF Orange Marmalade for 25 seconds so it drizzles well. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of warmed marmalade. Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.

Differences from the cottage cheese version:

Tastes different (denser) - both are yummy
Ricotta pancakes are sturdier and easier to flip
No bubbles appear on ricotta version so easy to burn if you don't watch


Me and my Sicilian Grandmother.
I'm styling some pretty groovy 1970's pants.