Chocolate Coconut "Ricottage" Pancakes

These are crazy good and much deserved after the horrible night I had... once again I slacked on my water intake and paid the price by spending the night in the fetal position writhing in pain on my bathroom floor with a kidney stone attack.

Post-ops: Drink your water it's not an option!

Thank God for leftover pain meds because that was the only thing that saved me from a very expensive ER trip. Needlesstosay, I am pounding water today and I vow once again to do better. I know I've said that before. In the warm weather I do much better with water but when it's chilly. Ugghh. It's hard.

I'm taking it slow today. I'm still hurting and have a gnarly migraine.

Anyway... enjoy the pancakes and drink your water.


Shelly's Chocolate Coconut Pancakes

1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I used pre-mixed Pineapple Cottage Cheese)
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Mix, dry
1 Tablespoon (plus 1 Tablespoon for sprinkling) Unsweetened Coconut, toasted

Toast unsweetened coconut in a 350 oven for a few minutes stirring occasionally. Set aside.

Whiz ingredients in mini food processor. Spray pan with non-stick spray. Cook on low till golden, add an additional sprinkle of toasted cocounut, flip. Cook till done. Serve each pancake with a drizzle of SF Maple Syrup (I use Cary's). Makes 4 small pancakes (pictured) or 8 silver dollar size.

You can add a drop of SF Almond Torani Syrup or almond extract to make them "Almond Joy" Pancakes or top them with sliced bananas to make "Chocolate Monkey" Pancakes. Yum.

These 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 ricotta pancakes are my new favorite way to make pancakes. My pal Doris (Darsi at OH) came up with a great name for them "Ricottage Pancakes." Thank you because 1/2 cottage and 1/2 ricotta was a mouthful.