Sunday, May 20, 2012

Beach Blanket Bento

My bento lunch and beach bag are packed. Time to get my zen on. Everyone needs a zen zone. A place to go to find peace and calmness. The beach is my zen zone.

My Lunch (and a snack)...

Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Beach Bean Salad
Green Box (top right): Sliced Strawberries
Blue Box (bottom left): Vanilla Almond Quest Protein Bar
Orange Box (bottom right): Hunk of 1000 Day Gouda Cheese

My other beach must haves...

Magazines - "A flat belly at any age" mines pretty flat thanks to some post weight loss plastic surgery but it sure doesn't look like hers ;)
Sunscreen & Sunglasses
Computer and Phone (My zen still needs some modern world technology)
Water - trying to do better, those new Lipton Tea & Honey Sticks (Lemon are my fav) are helping and 20 calories seems worth it if it makes me drink more.
My very special coin purse with some cash - I don't like to carry a wallet on the beach.
My favorite mints
My super cool bento box
Packed in my favorite little beach bag
Chairs & blanket in the trunk.

And we're off...

Other Bento creations

post signature

7 comments:

*Christie* said...

Have a GREAT time at the beach. Thanks for sharing :)

carol said...

Where is the SUNSCREEN?????????

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thank you Christie :) I had a great day. Hope you did too.

***

LOL Carol... it's there I promise. The tube over by the sunglasses... now did I use it ;)

Tamara said...

It WAS a beautiful day in So CA today. The ring of fire sunset was such an eerie and cool way to end it.

Sapphire said...

Hello! I just recently found your blog. I'm a 10 month postop lap band and I definitely need some fresh, new recipes to try.

I get rather discouraged because I can eat a LOT per setting, but I've lost nearly 100 lbs since last July. I am looking forward to trying your pasta-less manicotti, as is my husband (who is 3 months postop for the band himself).

Thanks again!

Dennis said...

I think this would work for me in the mountains. I find the mountains more relaxing than the beach. If the female hikers would only start wearing bikinis.

Dana said...

Finally bought myself a bento box, and have it packed with lunch today. It's got a couple of sliced each of different kinds of turkey (Dietz & Watson Santa Fe, and Gourmet Lite), with some Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce NY Cheddar Cheese slices, some cucumber slices, and blueberries for dessert. Can't wait for lunch!