Friday, October 2, 2009

Savoring the small pleasures

Small pleasure #1: Made Banana Splits tonight for my Mum and I...

Shelly's Protein Ice Cream Banana Split

1/2 a Banana
1 scoop of Protein Ice Cream
a squirt of Land o Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream
a drizzle of Smucker's SF Chocolate & Caramel Sauce
2 Walnuts & 2 Pecans, chopped

Small pleasure #2: I took a super long walk this afternoon. The sky was beautiful bright blue and filled with little cotton ball clouds. Wanna see?

Small pleasure #3: Writing this blog entry knowing that I have a great family and group of cyber & real world pals sharing this incredible journey with me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

OK I know enough with the sappy stuff ;)

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault


Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) said...

What a lovely post!

Sunshine said...

Yummy, Michelle. I loved banana splits in my old life. I'm definitely trying this when warm weather is here again. I'm too cold for ice cream at the moment. Fall is here in Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

I haven't written you in a while, been in the hospital ect. Just wanted to tell you that your blog means so much to me. It is the cherry on my sundae. PLease know that people are affected by your kindness and words. Thank you.
Tara from MI

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Thanks guys. Happy Fall!


Tara, :( Hospital?!

Hope you are on the mend. Drop me a note when you can


Justin and Corrie said...

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You've helped me remember that WLS is a tool to use, not a cross to bear. <3 Corrie