Storm Snacks

So it just rained enough yesterday to ruin my plans. Sunny and 80's for 4 days then the day I have outdoor plans 50's and a storm. A little disappointing but whatcha gonna do?! Reschedule. It did wash the car so I guess I should be thankful. ✔ that one off my list.

When the storm clouds began to clear in the afternoon I was able to get a walk in. The walk after the rain was nice... crisp, clean air and a super cool bento box snack I shared with my Mum on a very damp park bench around the midway point.


Pink Box (top left): Fresh Strawberries
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Strawberry Greek Yogurt with Nutty Crumble Topping (recipe below) for dipping the strawberries
Blue Box (bottom left): Shelly's Orange Cranberry "Ants on a Log" (recipe below)
Orange Box (bottom right): Wee Brie Cheese Wedge and Fresh Roasted Peanuts

This is the only way I eat yogurt now... flavored at home. I love making up my own flavor combinations. Greek yogurt has so much more protein than regular, way less carbs, and no beetles. LOL Yuk.


Shelly's Strawberry Greek Yogurt with Nutty Crumble Topping

3 1/2 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt (I use 2%)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Strawberry Torani Syrup

Mix till combined and top with Nutty Crumble Topping. Makes a great breakfast or snack on it's own or use as a dressing for a fruit salad or dip for fruit skewers.


and yum...

Shelly's Orange Cranberry "Ants on a Log"

2 oz. Cream Cheese (or Neufatchel Cheese)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Orange Marmalade (I used Smucker's Simply Fruit)

Mix till combined and smear onto celery sections. Top with unsweetened dried cranberries (or raisins.) Store any remaining in the fridge for several days.


I actually had a dream the other night about this version of Ants on a Log and when I woke up at 3 AM I made a batch. Yeah, I've been having food dreams lately. WTH?! I don't get much sleep as it is and when I do I've been dreaming about food.

Couldn't I just have a nice sex dream like other people???

Nope. Not me.

Though last night's dream was pretty intense... a NY Salt Bagel toasted with gobs of butter.

Now that is HOT! ;)


Want to check out the other weight loss surgery friendly Bento boxes I have made? Type in Bento (or any other keyword) in the Search Box under my before and after picture <--- to find more.