Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bottoms up!

Yum. Breakfast.

Then I check out Twitter this morning and apparently pistachios are now being recalled. Peanuts last month, pistachios this month. What the heck?! So if suddenly there are no blog entries you will know what took me down.

It was still yummy and hell we all have to go somehow.

Shelly's Pistachio Banana Protein Shake

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (you can use ANY milk or milk/water combo. I'm a soy girl)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Jello Pistachio Pudding Mix, dry
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/2 a Banana
3-4 Ice Cubes

Add liquid, then powders, then banana and ice. Blend on high. I served it with a squirt of SF Land o Lakes Whipped Cream and a few chopped pistachios.

Other Eggface Favorite Protein Shakes

Last Day - Torani 30% off SALE


Kathy and Judy said...

Actually on the Today show they said do not throw your pistachios away, just don't eat them for now, until they sort out which ones might be contaminated.

Peanut story: I have some peanut butter in my fridge from literally 6 months ago (yeah, I'm not a big peanut butter person, but I do like it once in a while) and my ex-husband keeps yammering at me to throw it away. Um, I have eaten 3/4 of the jar over the last 6 months and I am not dead, is the last couple of tablespoons going to be contaminated? Men.

On the other hand, we could not do without your recipes and blog entries, so please take very good care of yourself, and hide those pistachios for a while! ;-)

Oh, and while I am writing a book, I ordered a couple of inexpensive bento boxes from a West coast Japanese supplier (I didn't get a laptop lunch, since it only has the one lidded container) and I have been practicing till they get here with packing a pretty lunch in a gladware container. It's kind of fun, isn't it??


Nikki said...

OMG...I finally have all the ingredients in my house to make one of your protein shakes. Yippee!!! I been looking for a good use for that pistachio pudding. I'm totally making this tonight in place of my protein frozen hot chocolate.

Schmeesa said...

OK, that looks like love in a cup. I can't wait to try it! Although, maybe I should wait to see if you survived...

Jat said...

I eat pistachios like they're going out of STYLE! I was saddened.. :(

MacMadame said...

I haven't had pistachios in ages. So, of course, I bought a big bag on Sunday. Ugh.

Mel said...

boo on nut infestations... what the crap!

Sherry said...

Last month, I paid a small fortune for a 5 lb bag of gourmet pistachios...like heck do I wanna throw them out! I'm waiting for further info, and just not eating them for now.

I'm mourning the loss of pistachio pudding though, since I'm sure it's been yanked from the store shelves. I had just became addicted to your pistachio protein ice cream.

Thanks for all of the great recipes!

Nick said...

WHOOOOOOOAAAAH!!! This is GREAT! I LOVE THIS COMBO!! Excellent refresher for spring and summer!! THANK YOU EGGFACE!!