Saturday, September 6, 2008

Apple Pie Protein Ice Cream and other good stuff

I made a batch of Apple Pie Protein Ice Cream this morning. I took a mini ice cream scoop and some soy crisps and made a few ice cream sandwiches for dessert tonight.


Shelly's Apple Pie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Caramel)
2 oz. No Sugar Added Apple Baby Food (half a regular size jar)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
dash of Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Walnuts, chopped
4-6 Sugar Free Oatmeal or Shortbread Cookies, broken up (I use these)

Mix together milk, protein powder, syrup, apple, and seasonings together. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the nuts and cookies (faux crust). You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so.




More Eggface Protein Ice Cream recipes and tips.


Highlights of the day:


* I had Starbuck's new Perfect Oatmeal for breakfast. It was yummy! I don't know about perfect but it's darn good. How's that?! 100% whole-grain with your choice of dried fruit or nut medley. I got both. It's unsweetened. You can add Splenda to it yourself or I bet they would give you a pump of one of the SF Syrups in it... Mmmm SF Cinnamon Dolce in oatmeal would rock. I didn't think it needed it. I added a splash of milk from the coffee bar, 1/2 of the packet of dried fruit and 1/2 the packet of nuts. The stats: 140 calories for just the oatmeal; 100 calories for nut medley (whole pouch); 100 calories for dried fruit (whole pouch). Soooo good. TY Starbucks!

* I ran into my old boss today at the Farmer's Market. She hasn't seen me since I was 2 weeks post op from RNY so -152 pounds and a lot of plastics later. She didn't recognize me. I had to say, "It's me Michelle" and her eyes bugged. LOL. I love those moments. BTW here's me in my Size 4's... finally shortened them.


* Mmmm more good eating today. Lunch today is leftover BBQ'd Chicken Kabobs from last night chopped up on a salad of fresh lettuce and cucumber from the Farmer's Market and the last of the tomatoes from my garden with a creamy cilantro dressing. It's hotter than you know what again today but there's a nice breeze so lunch is on the patio.



Listening to: "Middle of Nowhere" Hot Hot Heat

11 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

WOW! You look absolutely beautiful! Good for you!

Debbie Y. said...

I think you look good also, but the BBQ chicken looks even better. Sorry, but I'm hungry and even now when I do get hungry, I have food on the brain til I eat.

Susy said...

You look great in those jeans! Are you open with most folks that ask "how you lost the weight". Because that's the first question out of people I meet after losing 145 pounds. I am open to share, cause I don't know what else to say sometimes. :)

And can I come to dinner? Pizza's I'm going to try. Yummy

Anonymous said...

The oatmeal from Starbucks looks yummy! I went on the Starbucks site and it looks like they have a lot of healthier breakfast options plus some that have more protein. I will have to check them out.
You look great by the way! :)

MICHELMOBA said...

baby food in ice cream.........ok, I'm gonna trust you, but this seems just a bit wacky - Michelle

Vikki said...

Looking good girl! Can't wait til I have the weight and plastics behind me.. and in front of me and the sides of me...giggle
hugs,
Vikki

Diane said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had been wondering about the Starbuck's oatmeal. Wasn't sure if it was some sort of mix or whatever...but every time I go thru the drive-thru the picture is SO yummy looking! Now that I know it's "safe" it is SO going in my tummy!

And thanks for the recipes...keep 'em coming! BTW....I made a lemonade ice cream last night (my attempt at a recipe) and ended up with something less than delightful. I added the juice of one lemon and the ice cream turned out flaky. It was OK....but like I said, not delightful. I am sure the acidity in the lemon had something to do with texture. Lemon extract or DaVinci's lemon syrup might be a better choice (or lemon pudding too). What do YOU think?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Hey Diane, Try my Lemon Meringue Pie Protein Ice Cream recipe:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/07/when-life-gives-you-lemons.html

it's one of my favorites.

~Michelle

Michelle "Shelly" said...

LOL TY Vikki :)

Barb Del Piano said...

And the BEST MOMENTS....The reaction of your ex and the gaffaw of your old boss! LOL! Looks like you got some great WOW moments! and here is another.... SIZE 4 !!! WHOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOO!! I LOVE OATMEAL! That with Starbucks....You not only look GREAT but you have EXCELLENT TASTE!!

Beth S. said...

Wow! Great day - you even made me smile for you :)