500th Post Philly Style


In honor of my upcoming trip to the City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia I made a few yummy dishes with a Philly feel.

Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Tortilla Pizza

Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Size Tortilla topped with shaved roast beef, sauteed peppers, onions & mushrooms, a twist of black pepper was on both but then the great cheese debate ensued...

I made 2 versions: A Whiz Wit (that's with Cheese Whiz)


and a Provi (with Provolone Cheese)



and for dessert...



Shelly's "Rocky Balboa" Road Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF White Chocolate)
2 Tablespoons Nuts, chopped (I used walnuts, pecans, almonds combo)
1 Sugar Free Marshmallow Peep, chopped up

Mix together milk, protein powder and syrup together. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the nuts and peep. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so.

I finally found a use for the peeps that were bouncing around my freezer since Easter...


First Degree Peepicide - this peep must have pissed off the wrong person.


Highlights of the day:

* Hey a little heads up for those of you going to the Philly or LA OH events... there will be tons of groovy prizes. Beth (Melting Mama) and I even get to raffle off some fun stuff.

* This meal was sooooo good and I'm even more jazzed about going to Philly now.

* I just realized this is my 500th post on Eggface Wow! I talk a lot.

Listening to: "Under Pressure" David Bowie & Queen