Sweet Potatoes and Artichokes

Apparently according to my Mum sweet potatoes were my favorite food when I was but a wee one. This was seriously yummy.

Shelly's Sweet Potato Pie Protein Ice Cream

1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or Regular Milk)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
2 oz. No Sugar Added Strained Sweet Potatoes Baby Food (half a regular size jar)
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I used SF Vanilla)
1 Tablespoon Butter Flavored Extract
2 Tablespoons Pecans, chopped
Optional: 4-6 Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies, broken into pieces (I use these)

Mix together milk, protein, baby food, syrup and extract. I used this gadget to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 1 minute before done add the nuts and optional cookie bits (faux crust) You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer (in a Tupperware) to set for an hour or so.



More Protein Ice Cream Recipes

Highlights of the day:

* Made another Crustless Quiche but added 1/2 a can of chopped Artichoke Hearts (water packed kind). Yummmmm. Spinach Artichoke Dip-ish.



This heats up super well... just nuke it for a couple of minutes. Totally great breakfast. Kept me satisfied all morning.

* $140 BCBG Sweater Jacket for $29. I heart TJ Maxx. Stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, Stein Mart are a godsend to post-ops. Now it just needs to be sweater weather.

* I have some fun weekend plans. I'll take pics. Hope yours is great!

Listening to: "I'm In Love With A Girl" Gavin DeGraw