Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious menu...

Breakfast: I got a early start and was out the door to an appointment and some errands before the sun even rose. These are the days I love this little egg maker. 1 minute and bam 6 grams of protein. I sprinkled some cheese on top after plating. Voila Cheesy Egg. I sometimes add bacon bits or a dash of herbs (chives, dill, oregano are all yummy.) Bonus not a whole lot of cleanup.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Low Carb Health Fitness Recipes Food Menus

Speaking of sun... a little friendly reminder from me to you... remember the clock's change on Sunday. It can throw your healthy choices into a free fall if you don't do a little planning. If you are walker like me or a gym workout person you'll probably need to make some adjustments to your schedule to keep your routine. You might want to consider a few quick and easy meals for next week so if the day gets away from you will already have a plan. Think make ahead or if you have one now is a great time to break out the crock pot. Make a big pot of chili or soups or those mini meatloaves I make are great to make ahead this weekend. Need some more ideas? Check out my Pinterest page.

Don't let those great habits you are establishing fall back with the time change.

Lunch: Took a little break outside with lunch. The weather is finally the way I like it and I actually grabbed a blanket the other night. Dare I say it Fall may have arrived in my neck of the woods. Fingers crossed.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Low Carb Health Fitness Recipes Food Menus

Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad
Green Box (top right): Cherry Tomatoes
Blue Box (bottom left): Cucumber "Scoopers"
Orange Box (bottom right): Chocolate Chip Pecan Quest Bar Protein "Cookies"

Shelly's Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad

1 cup Cooked Chicken, finely chopped
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Green Onion, chopped finely
1 stalk of Celery, chopped finely
2 Tablespoons Nuts (Pecans or Cashews) chopped
2 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries (or Cherries)
Curry Powder, to taste (I use a mild yellow)
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Mix till combined. Great on it's own, in a lettuce wrap or with cucumber scoopers (slice cucumber into plank like scoopers.)

More Bento Box lunches, FAQ's and an Online Source for them
My Bento Pinterest Page (Tons of Lunch Ideas)

Dinner: "Spaghetti" Squash and Meatballs - Asian Style. This one is a super easy meal. Well beyond the deseeding of the squash.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Low Carb Health Fitness Recipes Food Menus

Half and deseed the spaghetti squash. OVEN: Place open end down on a Pyrex baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of water in dish. Cover with foil. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes or MICROWAVE: Place open end down on a Pyrex baking dish, pour 1/4 cup of water in dish and microwave for 15 minutes or so. You want a fork to insert easily. Allow to cool slightly. Use two forks to shred the flesh of the cooked squash into "spaghetti." Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. I used frozen, cooked meatball. I know shameful for an Italian girl but they are tasty and easy. I heated and tossed the meatballs with 1 Tablespoon (that's enough to coat 10 meatballs) of Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic Sauce and a sliced green onion. I stirred them to coat each meatball and when they were warmed through I topped my "spaghetti" with meatballs.

Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Low Carb Health Fitness Recipes Food Menus


Snacks: Coffee including a Starbucks Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte I grabbed while I did some errands. I've been stopping at some local Dr's office and all the community bulletin boards putting up flyers for the Free Your Weight Matters Local Event coming to Los Angeles on November 7th. It's going to be a fun day. We'll have breakfast, 4 speakers, great health, nutrition, weight loss, wellness info. All Free. Local pals I hope to see you there.


Watched DVR'd Dancing with the Stars Halloween show and split a Sargento Balanced Break with my Mum.


More Days in my Pouch