Post Weight Loss Surgery Menus: A day in my pouch

A day in my pouch is a series of blog posts to show what a typical daily menu looks like in my post weight loss surgery world. Yesterday's healthy and delicious Halloween menu...

Breakfast: It was Halloween so I had to have some chocolate, of course! I made a Chocolate Truffle Protein Shake before heading to the Farmer's Market.


Shelly's Caramel Chocolate Truffle Protein Shake

1 cup milk (I used a combo of Almond and Soy)
1 scoop Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Caramel Torani Syrup
a few cubes of Ice

Whiz on high in blender. I topped it with No Sugar Added Homemade Whipped Cream and a few nonpareils.

More Eggface Protein Shakes and Smoothies

Picked up lots of great stuff to cook with this week onions, mushrooms, garlic, cauliflower, beets, zucchini, crookneck, spaghetti squash, apples, avocados, tomatoes, red walnuts... hmm I think that was it. I've got some great meals planned. It helps the Daylight Saving Time Change transition to have your ducks in a row.

More Eggface Recipes

Lunch: I made a batch of Egg Foo Young Bites. My Mum's favorite Egg Bites and in my top 3 for sure. I served it with a tomato, avocado, mozzarella salad. They are also great with Chinese New Year Soup or Cauliflower "Fried Rice."




More Eggface Egg Bites (Crustless Quiches)

Dinner: It was a gorgeous evening. I sliced a couple of zucchinis lengthwise, gave them a swipe of olive oil and a sprinkle of Greek seasoning), tossed them on the BBQ and grilled them till they were tender and had some good grill marks. I arranged them onto a platter and my pretty Day of the Dead skull decoration turned it into the perfect skeleton.


I had made another bowl of that Crunchy Curry Chicken Salad I posted the other day (I'm on a kick) and put it in my Pyrex Day of the Dead skull bowl. Dinner was not only cute but healthy and delicious.


We ate it on the patio, watched the sunset and waited for trick or treaters. We actually got 12 this year. Best costume of the night went to the little caveman complete with ratty, bed head looking hair and faux fur getup. I love homemade costumes. I'm thinking his Mom no doubt is following a Paleo diet ;)

Snacks: Coffee including a SF Vanilla Soy Latte at Starbucks after the Farmer's Market, a stalk of celery and one of those Alouette Petit Fromage Spreadable Cheese Squares (love these) and a couple of Quest Protein Bar Chocolate Chip Pecan "Cookies."


More Days in my Pouch