Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Healthy Snacks: Quest Protein Bar Cookies

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand ;) Want cookies but still want to stick to your health and weight goals... here's some cookies for you. 8 of them. I have 2 when I want a little something sweet because sometimes you just want an ooey, gooey, warm cookie straight from the oven...

Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Protein Low Carb Food Recipes Cooking

1 Quest Bar cut into 8 pieces.

Cookie Recipe Protein Bar Fitness WLS Weight Loss Diet Healthy

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 325 for 3 minutes. Flatten slightly with a spatula (if you want to add a nut now is the time just press one on top) and bake for 3 more minutes.

Protein Bars Healthy Snacks Weight Loss Surgery Food Recipes


Bariatric Surgery Weight Loss Protein Recipes

Nom nom nom in 6 minutes you have crispy edged, warm, chewy, gooey cookies. Want the nutritional stats for each cookie: Divide Quest bar wrapper stats into 8. Way better portion control then eating the bars as is.

Healthy Protein Bar Cookie Recipe

Now this is a fun recipe but you know if cookies were your pre weight loss surgery demon (a food trigger or something you didn't have control over) you might want to take a pass on this one. I eat a hunk of a protein bar when I want a little something sweet, so this works for me and it's a great way to breathe life back into a Quest Bar that has been hanging around the house too long. I often have a partial bar that once opened becomes sort of rock-like... this a great way to save it from the trash bin.

If you hang at a coffee shop with a pal and chit chat and the bakery case calls to you this is a great alternative to have in your pocketbook. After they cool drop a couple in a snack size baggie and you'll always have a little something sweet in your bag of tricks.

Here's an online source (all the flavors) for the bars if you can't find them in your 'hood. Any flavor will work so far my favorites have been Cookies & Cream, S'mores, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Vanilla Almond.

Protein Bar Recipes Nutrition Bariatric Weight Loss Gastric Bypass VSG RNY Menus


Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

WLS VSG RNY Weight Loss Surgery Bariatric Food Recipe Cookie Protein Fitness

post signature

11 comments:

Kellie said...

Genius!

Jennifer Hayden Christiansen said...

such a GREAT idea. I am trying this tonight for my 4th of July desert....

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I can't eat a full bar and end up throwing away the rest. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I asked Siri, but my phone is set to British male so my Siri sounds sweet whenever he answers me...Cookie Monster, hehehe.
Bonnie

Stephanie O. ( luvtwilight72) said...

I love this! It's perfect portion control for me! I didn't realize this could be done:). Thanks I am enjoying one right now!

Jennifer said...

Eating a quest bar any other way is now ruined for me, these are amazing! The PBJ bar and the mint cookie were both fantastic as cookies!

Theresa said...

22 Grams of carbs! I don't know if I could trust myself to only eat one!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Bonnie, I had it set to the man for a day it was strange to me LOL I guess I am used to being a single girl :)

Theresa, but subtract the dietary fiber... how many net is what is the important # and then divide by 8 :) Can't beat it really at all.

I agree on the portion control... restraint/moderation is important with all foods but these because of all the fiber are hard to overeat IMHO so 2 cookies are very satisfying to me... PS always be in the moment when you are eating too... don't type and eat or watch tv and eat... eat and enjoy mindfully.

Anonymous said...

Once you bake them how long do they keep? Should I reheat before I eat them? Or should I only bake what I plan on eating?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Oh you can keep them for weeks... as long as the bar eat by date for sure. You won't have them that long ;) I make a batch every couple of days and store them in a airtight container or when traveling a ziplock bag... just be sure they cool before putting them in a baggie so they don't stick together or melt the bag.

Christine said...

This is a brilliant idea! I'm not much of a fan of the texture of Quest bars so this is a great use of them for me! I also find a whole one a bit much so a great way of spreading it out a bit.

Thanks for the tip, love your blog! :)