Crafty - DIY Sugar Free Sauces

What is it about this time of the year that makes the Martha Stewart crafty in me rear its head. Today's Christmas DIY edible gift project: I made 2 sets of these yummy Sugar Free Sauces. One set is a gift for a pal and one I'm keeping for me!

These are soooo yummy... drizzled over protein ice cream or protein cake, smeared on ricotta pancakes or crepes, swirled in Greek yogurt, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, as a dip for apples, strawberries, bananas, a spoon swirled in SF cocoa, coffee or steamed milk or used to jazz up a protein shake.

These would make a fun hostess gift when you attend a holiday get-together. Best of all the project takes 15 minutes tops because you start with a store-bought sauce.

What you need:

Sugar Free Caramel Sauce or Sugar Free Hot Fudge (I used Smucker's, found in ice cream toppings area of store)
Sugar Free Torani Syrup (any flavor you like)
I used 8 oz. Regular Mouth Quilted Jelly Jars (Kerr or Ball Mason)
Holiday Material, 6"x6" squares
Pinking Shears

Optional mix-ins:
SF Peppermint Candy Cane/Starlight Mints, crushed
Nuts
Toasted Unsweetened Coconut

For each jar: mix 3/4 a cup of store bought sauce and 1 Tablespoon of Sugar Free Torani Syrup till well combined. Mix in any optional items up to about a Tablespoon.

Pour into a clean jelly jar. I used Kerr 8 oz. jars because I had those but Ball Mason makes 4 oz. jars too, just half the recipe.

Decorate and label your creation. According to Smucker's web site opened toppings do not require refrigeration but I recommend you refrigerate it if you aren't going to use it right away. It'll last several weeks then.

Today I made: Sugar Free Salted Caramel Sauce (3/4 cup SF Caramel Sauce + 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Salted Caramel Torani Syrup) and Sugar Free Peppermint Fudge Sauce (3/4 cup SF Hot Fudge Sauce + 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Peppermint Torani Syrup + 1 Tablespoon crushed SF Candy Cane)

Next batch I'm thinking SF Coconut w/ SF Hot Fudge and some chopped almonds (Almond Joy-ish) and SF Coffee Torani w/ SF Caramel (like a Macchiato.) The combos are endless.

post signature