E is for...

Fat Chick version

E is for the Evolution of Eggface - a pictorial look at my eating habits through the years

Baby Eggface - after a near death experience I apparently grabbed life by the spoon. Favorite foods: Sweet Potatoes and Strained Apricots.

Eggface in 2nd grade - Discovered Chocolate & "Pink" Milk. Mmmm liquid calories. Was this the beginning of my Starbuck's addiction? Nestle's stock soars.

Eggface's 10th birthday - Spent the day listening to my super cool (but now frighteningly big) Sony Walkman. Later snuck downstairs and sat in the open refrigerator door eating maraschino cherries till I puked. My favorite foods: Lik-m-aid Fun Dip and McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. Highlight of the year came when McDonald's came up with the 9 piece McNugget box. 6 piece was for wimps.

Eggface at 13 - and yes I was as obnoxious as I looked. Favorite thing to do: hanging out eating pizza and bagels (I grew up in NY) with my friends and wearing as much makeup as humanly possible. This would be also known as the beginning of the "Big Hair Years."

Eggface at 16 - sporting a Corona Beer t-shirt was this a premonition of what was ahead?

Eggface in her 20's (the college years) - Apparently so.

Few pictures are available from my 20's on... See C is for camera for the explanation. Basically my eating habits consisted of servings for 4 of meals heavy in simple carbs (pasta, bread, rice) and Venti Caramel Macchiatos.



Post Gastric Bypass version

E is for "Easy Way Out" - I'm pretty open with people I meet that I have had weight loss surgery. It was a life altering event for me this past year and so it does come up in conversation on occasion. Every now and then I will get a comment like "Oh I lost a bunch of weight too but I did it the hard way."

Grrrr.

The answer back they get really depends on what time of the month they get me.

Polite answer (non PMSing answer): "Well, good luck with that."

Snarky answer (PMSing answer): "Oh yeah having your intestines re-routed and stomach severed while changing your eating habits and exercising more is sooooooo much easier. Ummm k then."


If you are wondering what this entry is all about catch up here.