In a hurry

I was in a hurry to make dinner yesterday but I really wanted my Chicken Marsala. It requires pounding out chicken breasts which was a little more effort then I could make so I came up with this quick version. Similar flavors, a little more sauce. Try them both and you can compare. I think the original is still my favorite but this is yummy too.

I didn't have green onions which the original calls for so I threw some frozen peas in for color. I served it with a side of sauteed spinach.


Shelly's Quick Version Chicken Marsala

8 boneless Chicken Tenders, cut into 1" pieces
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
8 sliced Crimini Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Marsala
1/4 cup Frozen Peas

Saute chicken in oil till golden. Remove from pan set aside. Saute onion and mushroom till golden. Add butter, flour, marjoram, salt & pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add the peas, broth and Marsala to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer with lid on till peas are tender.