5 Things to Do With Cold Cuts...
1. Roll-ups - Cold cut roll-ups are a quick and easy meal when you have no time. A slice of any cold cut meat wrapped around a cheesestick or pickle spear and I'm out the door, they are often the star of my bento lunch box, or part of my patio tidbit parties (click on photos for full descriptions.)
I eat them cold or I especially love taking the extra time and making Melted Roll-ups. Nothing like ooey gooey, melted cheese.
2. Philly Cheesesteak - The quick version. This is great served as is, with a veggie side or I love it on top of a simple green salad. The whole meal takes less than 15 minutes from prep to eating (take that Rachael Ray) so it's great for hot, summer nights when standing in front of the stove is the last place you want to be.
Shelly's Philly Cheesesteak Saute
1 Yellow Onion, sliced
1 Bell Pepper, sliced
4 sliced (approx 1/4 lb) of Roast Beef, chopped
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
a few twists of Black Pepper
2-3 slices of Cheese
Saute onion and peppers till golden and soft. Add beef (kitchen shears are great for chopping it up fast), Worcestershire, and pepper. Saute about 1 minute. Top with cheese and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes till cheese is bubbly. Save any leftovers for #3 below.
Here's the casserole version (more ingredients, baked, makes a great chilly weather meal) and my stuffed pepper version
3. Breakfast Bowls - Jimmy Dean watch out, there's no need to buy these, they are so easy to make and a great way to use up cold cuts like roast beef and ham: Shelly's Steak and Egg Breakfast Bowl - scrambled eggs topped with cold cuts, cheese, mushrooms and onions makes a super protein packed, delicious breakfast.
4. "Sandwiches" - Since I don't eat bread post weight loss surgery (my choice) here are some of my non-traditional sandwiches. Using cucumbers:
or Savory Ricotta Pancakes
5. My Egg Bites (aka Crustless Quiches) I have a few versions of egg bites that use cold cuts but these are two of my favorites: Shelly's New York Bites (aka Pastrami & Swiss on Rye Bites)
and Shelly's Cuban Bites (all the flavors in those pressed Cuban Sandwiches)