A day in my pouch

My yesterday in post weight loss surgery eating...

Breakfast: A wedge of an Herb and Tomato Frittata I made for my Mum. Just fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley) and 1 tomato diced and a couple of eggs. Cooked till almost set then finished under the broiler.


Lunch: Leftover Tuna and Lentil Salad and some other goodies I tossed them all in my super cool bento box and head to the park near my house that has free wifi. I worked on computer stuff while I soaked up the Vitamin D rays. I read the other day in Fitness magazine (I think it was a University of Minnesota study or maybe it was Maryland, it was an M state) that people who take in more Vit. D eat less. Something about it boosting the leptin hormone in the brain that signals when you are full. Ha. It must have worked because I took most of my pistachios and my 1/2 a cookie home for later.


Pink Box (top left): Shelly's Tuna & Lentil Salad
Green Box (top right): Gouda Cheese
Blue Box (bottom left): Pistachios
Orange Box (bottom right): 1/2 a Premier Nutrition Titan Peanut Butter Protein Cookie (the Oatmeal Raisin ones are my fav, 10 seconds warmed in the microwave are like fresh baked cookies)
Along side: Lipton Tea & Honey Lemon Flavored Ice Tea Packet (you add them to a water bottle, 20 cals)


Shelly's Tuna & Lentil Salad

1 1/2 cups cooked Lentils
1 Cucumber, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 can Tuna Fillets, packed in Olive Oil, drained (I love Ventresca Filets)
1 Tablespoon of some Fruity Vinegar (Citrusy, Lemon, Champagne)
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
Kosher Salt to taste
a few twists of Black Pepper

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for several hours before serving. I used pre-cooked lentils from Trader Joe's (find in the refrigerator section) but you could just soak dry ones and cook then chill.

Dinner: I had a couple of zucchini that needed using so I sauteed them with some onion, topped it with cheese (Mmmm cheese) and made a sort of bake. It was delicious. This would be a great one for Meatless Monday.


Shelly's Zucchini & Ricotta Bake

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup Fresh Mozzarella, chopped
2 medium Zucchini, sliced
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
4 Green Onions, diced
1 teaspoon Oregano, divided use
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil, chopped, divided use
Salt to taste
a few twists Black Pepper

Mix ricotta, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano and 1/2 the basil together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. Saute onions and zucchini till golden. Top with dollops of ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle with fresh mozzarella. Place under the broiler for 4 minutes or until golden and bubbly.

Snacks: A Starbucks Sugar Free Vanilla Soy Latte, the 1/2 Protein Cookie and remaining Pistachios from lunch and some Grapes from the 2 vines I have in the backyard that are crazy full this year. I doubt I'll be able to come up with uses for them before the birds figure out they are back there.


More days in my pouch

post signature