Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Raspberry Cheesecake Protein Shake

One of the awesome weight loss surgery friendly products in the Swag Bag given out at our Southern California Weight Loss Surgery Meet & Greet last week was Sugar Free Torani Syrup.

Weight Loss Surgery RNY VSG Bariatric Fitness SugarFree Health DiabeticI love my Sugar Free Torani Syrups. I use them in oodles of post weight loss surgery friendly recipes... Protein Ice Cream, Protein Shakes & Smoothies, Desserts, Yogurt, Muffins, Donuts, Cocoa and in my Coffee of course.

This morning I started my day off with this yummy shake using Sugar Free Raspberry Torani Syrup.

Bariatric Surgery Protein Shakes Smoothies Weight Loss RNY VSG Fitness Workout

Shelly's Raspberry Cheesecake Protein Shake

8 oz. Vanilla Soy Milk (any milk will do)
1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Raspberry Torani Syrup
1 Tablespoon Jell-O Sugar-Free Instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix, dry
3-4 Ice Cubes
Optional toppings: SF Land o Lakes Whipped Cream

Blend on high. I served it with a squirt of Homemade No Sugar Added Whipped Cream! Yum!

New to the world of Sugar Free Torani Syrup? This great variety pack includes 6 of the most popular flavors (including the SF Raspberry used in my breakfast above) is a great way to start your obsession ;)

P.S. There's still time to enter to win a Swag Bag from the event. Click here for the 411 on that.


Lisa_Gibson said...

I definitely need to get myself a variety pack! Thanks for the info on that. :)

Kimberly said...

Hi Shelly, wanted to say thank you again for the swag bag.My favorite is the better n peanut butter. I havent had any protein shakes that I can drink since surgery (6 weeks out). I put a scoop of vanilla protein,2 tbs of this peanut butter,half a bananna,ice & water and OMG its delicious. I just went to target and bought another jar of it...Thank you for showing me so many new healthy options , was so glad I could attend and meet you. Hope you liked your card and have a great Southern California week :)

Cece said...

I'm newly banded and was just thinking - I wonder what would be a good variety of Torani to start with and ta-dah ... here's your post ! thanks, as always, for sharing your knowledge !

Kathy said...

I just love all of your free treats! Thank you for this site. I would love to win!

Michelle said...

Have you always done soy or just since your surgery? Could you tolerate milk b4?

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Cow's milk (in liquid form) was not really my pal before surgery. I did lactose free milk (Lactaid) before surgery but that gave me cramps and pain as an early post-op... I experimented and soy milk gave me the least issues. I don't thankfully have issues with cheese.

Nanette said...

I am so jealous of your stash of Torani!! I can get it local, well almost local $6 in tolls and 25 miles to the north side of town, at World Market, but lately they have not had much in the sugar free. When I ask about it they are like oh well "nope we don't have it"
I just want to wrap my hands around their neck and say "Do you not realize that I live on this stuff? What are you crazy?"

Yes I am going crazy right now with the horomones from losing weight is what I am told.

Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind, I don't remember reading you having this problem. How did you handle it?

Earlier this week I ran away from home for the night, I probably would have stayed the night somewhere if I hadn't maxed out the credit card on the vacation I just returned from. I looked up an old boyfriend to talk to, Im single so cheating, thankfully after wards I felt like I could handle things better. But Jiminy Crickets, the mood swings!!

I have taken meds that say will cause mood swings in the past (Depo) blah nothing like this!

Last night I ran away to the Gym, figured that would do me some good, I walked it out on the treadmill and rode the bike.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Michelle "Shelly" said...

Nanette, That's pretty much me all the time LOL but I don't think its surgery related for me... I'm just an Italian, high energy, ball of crazy. All my life... I wouldn't have probably noticed a difference ;) I do get those I need to be alone moments. I walk. I like to go stare at the ocean too... centers me. I HAVE to do that every few weeks. Maybe find a secret spot... like a park in town, make it a date for you every week... something to look forward to... a hour or 2 to yourself ;)