Cool Product Alert: Goat Cheese

Packed up my super cool bento box and stared at the ocean yesterday. It is my zen zone and someplace I go to press my personal reset button. I need to do it more, just an hour or two staring at crashing waves (cute surfers are a bonus) and I feel soooo much better. Free therapy.

My view...

My delicious protein packed picnic...

Pink Box (top left): Shrimp with Lemon and (in the little blue box) Cocktail Sauce
Green Box (top right): Sliced Cucumbers (smeared the goat cheese on these)
Blue Box (bottom left): Trader Joe's Goat Cheese Medallion and (in green silicon cup) Almonds
Orange Box (bottom right): Baby Carrots

I use regular cocktail sauce. If you dump easily there are some Sugar Free options out there. I just use the regular old stuff in moderation. No slathering. A dab will do ya.

I spotted the little goat cheese medallions on my last trip to Trader Joe's. Similar to those little mini bries I love and blogged about awhile back. Each individually wrapped medallion is 1 oz. a perfect size for us post weight loss surgery people – 70 calories, 5 grams protein each. If you haven't had goat cheese before. Don't be afraid. It's delicious. Cream cheese like in texture. Mild and yummy.

Each bag contains 6 medallions/$3.79 a bag. I will definitely be adding these to my Pantry Essentials List. Looking forward to making a goat cheese tortilla pizza one day this week and stuffing cherry tomatoes with it this summer when the tomatoes from my garden are in full swing.

More Eggface Bento Box meal ideas

post signature

Listening to: Good Life by One Republic. Perfect timing.