Cool Product Alert: Mini Brie

Spotted the coolest thing at Trader Joe's. Perfectly portioned mini brie cheese wheels. Aren't they just the cutest thing ever?! Absolutely perfect for us weight loss surgery post-ops. I know some of you need to do the reduced fat/non-fat thing when it comes to cheese, my condolences ;) but for those of you who like me, eat the real deal full fat cheese. These are perfect.

My thoughts on full fat... I eat full fat (cheese, mayo, butter, olive oil, etc.) Fat = flavor. I eat it in moderation (thanks to my surgically altered guts) if I ate Reduced Fat or Fat Free (aka nuclear waste) I wouldn't be satisfied and in an hour I'd be thinking about my next meal. I eat yummy, lip smacking stuff so I never feel like I'm on a diet or suffering in my new life. This new lifestyle is about making changes that you can live with FOREVER not just get through. There is no finish line, the day after you reach your goal weight, you wake up to more of the same. So to be a long term success IMHO you need to love your new life, not suffer through it.

That being said, this is my journey. Always follow your medical posse's advice.

OK back to the cheese...

Trader Jacques Mini Brie Bites Soft Ripened Cheese
Made from Cow's milk from cows not treated with rBST

$3.99 for a bag of 5 mini wheels, individually sealed .09 oz servings.

Nutritional Information:
Calories 70
Fat 6 g.
Carbs 1 g.
Sugars 1 g.
Protein 4 g.

Verdict: Yum! These little suckers are delicious. A few minutes at room temperature and they are oozy and gooey like the big boy brie wheels. I love them because you can take out one at a time as needed, with a big wheel once its cut it needs to be used quickly. These last for months unopened in the refrigerator (bought these the other day, expiration date is September.) They are the perfect size for us and so darn cute!

I ate mine for dinner outside under the electric stars from my super cool bento box. I smeared it on cucumber slices and ate it with a turkey cold cut roll-up and a little apple compote. The perfect combination. They would be great smeared on apple or pear slices too.

Pink Box (top left): Sliced Cucumber
Green Box (top right): Shelly's Apple Compote
Blue Box (bottom left): Turkey Cold Cut Roll-up
Orange Box (bottom right): Trader Joe's Mini Brie

post signature

P.S. Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day (aka Singles Awareness Day) I'm celebrating with a batch of Strawberry Cannoli.

BIG ❤ puffy heart love to all my pals. You'll want to check out the blog this weekend ;) Something fun begins!