Thursday, April 22, 2010

Glee

OMG what a day yesterday. I scored 2 tickets to the taping of part of the Glee Season Finale. I was on Twitter on Tuesday and saw a FOX TV tweet that said a limited # of seats were available, blah blah, email your info, go to Los Angeles to see the taping. So I thought what the heck (LA is 2 1/2 hours away from me) and low and behold I got in. I guess you had to have a speedy trigger finger because they posted it at Noon and by 12:05 it was auto-replying people the invite was closed.

So yesterday I head up to LA. Got there at 11, saw the line was already 3 deep, grabbed coffee and stood till 2:30 when they let us in. It ended at around 11 PM. I got to be in the balcony as an audience member during Regionals (the season finale) I suppose there is the potential I could be flashed upon by a camera for a micro-nanosecond. The process from behind the scenes was so cool to watch. We couldn't take pictures, strict rules as to what can be brought on to the set. So no Puck, Eggface, Finn sandwich picture. Bummer, had to leave that for my daydreams. I am SWORN TO SECRECY at all the AWESOME cool things I got to see and HEAR. Let's just say if you were an 80's teen like me you will LOVE it. I got to meet the cast, they did Q&A's (loved them all but one), I got Jane Lynch's (Sue Sylvester's autograph) she's is the nicest lady. So be sure when you watch the finale you look in the middle of the first row of the balcony for yours truly.

Only bad part of the day... TOTAL food consumption yesterday:

2 Cheesesticks
a handful of Nuts
1 Sugar Free Cinnamon Dolce Soy Latte
an Orange
a really old Lara Bar
3 pieces of SF Gum

and I walked about 5 miles.

15 comments:

Laurie (GastricGirl.com) said...

I am sooo jealous!!! That's awesome that you got to go. :) A memory for a lifetime! :)

Anna said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Shelly you have the best life ever!!! I have been so compulsive about the Madonna episode the last few days, I can only imagine watching some of the action in person. How fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

you really need to buy a lottery ticket!!! I am so jealous...I LOVE GLEE!!! So, do tell, you did you not like??? So....I will give you my email if you want to "dish" (hehehe) on the taping...:)
ErinsClovers....(Erin)

MJ said...

What a great thing...I have the Glee soundtracks (vol 1 & 2) on constant rotation in my vehicle and iPod. Being the consumate band geek/choir nerd in high school, the show brings back good memories.

So glad you got to be a part of a pop culture phenomenon!

Alexis said...

That is so amazing!!! I love Glee!!! I just watched the most recent episode three times!!! Can't wait to see the finale. What a great experience you had!

Connie said...

Congrats! I don't watch the show, but I know you really love it. I may have to watch the finale just to see if I see you. :)

BTW, I know you like entering cooking contests. Today I saw Paula Dean on TV advertising for a contest by Philadelphia Cream Cheese and I think the grand prize is $25,000. Don't quote me on that, but I thought of you immediately, since you are such an awesome cook. You could probably Google it and find out about the contest.

Connie

T2Nashville said...

You Gleeking Gleeker you! I am more jealous than I can say, but very happy for you. I too am dying to know who you did NOT like in the Q&A. Inquiring minds want to know! Since that's a personal opinion, I don't think you'd get in trouble for that. I'll be watching avidly during the finale - as well as all season long! WWMD - priceless!!

leendadll said...

seeing myself in the audience of the Bonnie Hunt show was actually my "final straw" motivator to get lap band.

Glad you had a good time!! I believe Glee airs opposite of Lost, so I won't be able to see Glee till Lost goes back into repeats.

Suze said...

You SO need to go by a lottery ticket, woman! This is quite the roll of luck you're on! And GLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Wicked, wicked jealous. And you MUST dish about who you didn't like. ;D

Anonymous said...

I so need to know which one you didnt love?? I love that show and I can only imagine.....

chpdlivr said...

I haven't posted for months (although I read your stuff all the tiem) but damm girl, I am so jealous!! Very cool!!

God, I hope it wasn't Mr. Shuster that you didn't like.

Nkara68 said...

Wow you are on a winning streak! Congratulations and what fun.

JoeKnee said...

So happy for you. So jealous for me! I want Sue Sylvester as president!! (OK, the canings would be a hassle with the ACLU, but that's OK)

What a great experience for you. Soak it up!!

cschoen said...

That is an incredible thing! Good for you! I am such a Jane Lynch groupie, I couldn't believe that she was on Glee.....

Melissa said...

so freakin' lucky!!! I am a new Glee convert and I am now officially obsessed!! I hope my faves were not the one that wasn't nice to you! :)